Can't Delete an Activity (Read 443 times)

servingthealiens

How does one go about deleting an activity from their logs.  I entered "Walking" as a separate activity, instead of a sub-set of "Run".  I would like to delete the separate one, because if I use it, walking doesn't show up on my running log, which I want it to.  I'd like to remove the extra one so it doesn't confuse me, but there doesn't seem like there's a way to. Sad

If I set the activity to blank and try to save it, it won't save.  Not a big deal, but fairly annoying.  I also deleted all the workouts in it, and I still can't delete it.

eric :)

servingthealiens,

Walking should be a different activity from running.  You can keep it separate by adding walking to your summary page (click the customize link at the upper right corner of the summary page.

If you want to treat walking as a workout of running, then you will need to delete all the workouts of walking before you can delete the activity.  Click on each of walking's workout types and delete it.  After that, you'll see a delete button on the activity page which will then allow you to delete it.

servingthealiens

servingthealiens,

Walking should be a different activity from running.  You can keep it separate by adding walking to your summary page (click the customize link at the upper right corner of the summary page.

If you want to treat walking as a workout of running, then you will need to delete all the workouts of walking before you can delete the activity.  Click on each of walking's workout types and delete it.  After that, you'll see a delete button on the activity page which will then allow you to delete it.

It wasn't a mistake.  I actually want walking in with my running workouts, because it's warm up, cool down, intervals, or taking it easy if I need to.  It's part of my "run".

And that still didn't work.  I'll just deal with it.  I put "Walk" as a workout type in my running log, and the separate entry is called "Walking" so I should be able to keep them straight.

With all do respect, what exactly are you asking for?

Can't you just label those runs going forward "walk-run" or "wood" or something? C'mon man. It's a running log. You seem pretty upset about this. At least you're going to be brave and deal with it.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

an amazing likeness

As sad as it sounds about where my mind goes while running, I spent some time mulling this over on my run last night to distract from the snow and wind....

There's a bit of terminology mixup, but in a "aha' moment of clarity, I realized that what she/he wants is:

Activity = Run

Workout Type = Walk

This workout type = walk is part of her/his running workout.  There is a point in the workout where they walk (warm up, cool down, etc) and they want that mileage under Run, not logged separately as a Activity = Walk.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

servingthealiens

What MilkTruck said.

And NaderAlfie, dude, take a chill pill.  Saying something is annoying =/= being upset about it.