2009 Little Rock Half Marathon Race Report (Read 405 times)

Just Happy to Run

It took me a while to finally write it... but I did. Read if you like, ignore if you like... Smile http://kronknet.blogspot.com/2009/04/2009-little-rock-half-marathon_03.html http://kronknet.blogspot.com/2009/04/2009-little-rock-half-marathon_03.html
    Jason

2010 Goals
    • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

Run the race God set B4U

Jason your report was awesome! Since this was my first half too, it was very interesting to read and you did an awesome job. Congrats!!!!!
      5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Just Happy to Run

Thanks! Congrats to you too! Wasn't it such an awesome race for a first race? That experience won't be leaving me ever...
        Jason

2010 Goals
        • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles

Run the race God set B4U

Yes, you know I was scared out of my mind because I had never ran any farther than 10 miles and that was a struggle. ....I thought "what am I doing, I'm not ready"... But I never "hit a wall" or anything it was just so inspiring and everyone was amazing. My husband took pictures and is not a runner but decided he would train and do it next year. My time was 2:55(nothing at all to brag about) I was hoping for 2:30. I'm alot slower than you and had to take a few walk breaks but i was surprised at how I pushed myself. It was so great! I will definitely do that race from now on, hopefully one day the full marathon.
          5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Just Happy to Run

It is infectious! I'll bet your husband will be running next year! Wink My time was a real surprise to me... and my runs since then have been at a surprisingly faster pace. I was truly expecting 2:45 - 3:00. I'd consider us in the same class! My heart rate was certainly high. I'm not conditioned for that pace on a regular basis... at least not yet. In other words, I'm not that fast! Undecided
            Jason

2010 Goals
              Jason - nice race report - i really enjoyed reading. That was a good time for a starting race and starting with a 13.1 was either really brave or kind of stupid (JUST JOKING HERE).... Keep training and you will break 2hrs next year....Big grin TINA - you did good too.....wish you would write a race report.....Confused

Champions are made when no one is watching

Just Happy to Run

Thanks John! Breaking 2 hours would be amazing! I am on a quest to see how I'll progress over a long time... we'll see what happens. Smile
                Jason

2010 Goals

Right on Hereford...

Hey, great job. I enjoyed your report and your enthusiasm. When I read that your longest run was 5 miles I thought for sure you were going to slow down significantly in the last half of the race, but you really held your pace well. Congrats, it only gets better from here!
                    Good job and report Jason. There is a good 13.1 race in Oklahoma City the last Sunday of each April is pretty good for doing PR's on. And Tina, nothing wrong with your time. You did well.
                    USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010