Team Hoyt 16th Annual 5K Road Race - Thursday 5/22 - Waltham MA (Read 660 times)

Yes THAT Team Hoyt has a 5K in Waltham a week from today at 6:30pm. Pre-registration $18.00, Post-registration $20.00, with Race bags, Raffle, Prizes, Post Race Party, Free Food! (Children's 1/2 mile fun run at 6:15pm, no fee) American Legion Post 156, 215 Waverly Oaks Road (Route 60), Waltham MA Entry form available at http://www.teamhoyt.com/ Hope to see lots of RA representation! Dick and Rick Hoyt and the Women's Masters winner at 112th Boston Marathon, April 2008

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

mikeymike

I ran it a few years ago--good little race. Can't make it this year tho. Have fun.

Runners run

Any RAers heading for the Watch City tonight? The weather's looking up a bit, but a little rain never hurt a real runner anyway. I'm the old guy with long hair (including gray "highlights") wearing Loco flats (and a light blue short sleeved RA shirt if the air temp allows). Be sure to say hello, I loves me some RA meetups.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

lostinthenet3

MM#1869

Both mel And I will Be there. Doug.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Another Passion

Great pic, Ed. Those two are amazing!

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I didn't get to run it (got there late) but I did have fun working the finish line.
                This was definitely one of my all-time favorite races. I didn't run well, but I still had a goofy grin the whole time. Just being around the Hoyts has everyone in a great mood. The pizza was good, and they had pasta as well. The T-shirt is great, it has my favorite pic from their site on it. Everyone who preregistered got a gift,like signed Boston Bruins memorabilia, 12 packs of beer, or some racing attire. I got a nice Sports Illustrated backpack. You gotta love the bar at an American Legion hall, the Buds were $2.00. I wouldn't have known about it if Doug (lostinthenet13) hadn't mentioned it, but it will be on my race calendar from now on for sure.

E.J.