upload from Garmin 305 to log isn't working anymore (Read 543 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

I've been uploading my runs from my Garmin for months now, but the last couple times it jams up in the midst of the upload. It gets to a certain percentage done and just hangs there. This is the message I got today:

I can click CANCEL and try it again, but it always stops again at the same point for that upload. When I try to close the tab in the browser or go to another page, Firefox freezes up as well (I get the NOT RESPONDING message). I'm able to upload to the Garmin software, as well as the Garmin Connect website, so it's not the watch itself, I believe. I did clear out the internet cache, as suggested by the Garmin Connect website, but that didn’t help.

Thanks.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

+1

Mac OS X.6.4, Camino

kcam

As far as I'm concerned this is a known RA problem.  Exact same thing happens when I start to get too many (how many or how much data is too much?) runs to upload.  When it hangs just close out FF (via task manager) open it again and upload again.  I find the upload will get farther along every time until it finally gets all the data uploaded.  For this reason, I delete all history on my Garmin every week.  Usually keeps the problem from happening.

I had that problem a lot a couple months ago.  Had to do what Ken said.  WinXP/FF3.whatever, but it happened with IE7 too.  I also tried turning the 305 on, which also seemed to help.  Then the problem just went away.

(fingers crossed for no jinx)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks. I always had the Garmin on while uploading, so that wasn't a factor. I did go in and delete the older stored workouts, and that seemed to do the trick. Guess I've been running a lot more than I realized!

Prince of Fatness

I occasionally get this behavior with my 205.  I use Windows 7 and Firefox and the browser locks up to the point where I have to go into task manager and kill the process.  It has happened on an XP machine, too.  But for me it is random.  I've had it lock up, restarted everything and it would work.  I always leave the Garmin off when I upload.  Like others what I have noticed is that it happens when there are more runs on the Garmin.  Now I go in and erase the history at least once a week and it rarely if ever happens.

Not at it at all. 

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Now, it's not working at all. It says "wait", and meanwhile, my Garmin is connected to my computer. I also tried uploading from a .tcx file, and I can't do that either. ETA: Must be an issue with FF because I opened IE, and managed to upload using that.