Anyone else see this article? (Read 1111 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

I can't believe you beat Hefty to this one. Arla

Ex runner

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I definitely have excessive boobage & booty

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

While I did read the whole article a few times, I got as far as "You can't run to get fit, you need to be fit to run." and was pretty sure the rest was BS.

Why is it sideways?

Wow.
            Perhaps a better way to sum this up: Because of bio-mechanics most women are not meant to be elite runners, but this dosnt mean that most women can't be recreational runners. But then again none of us can be elite in everything we do.

Why is it sideways?

Perhaps a better way to sum this up: Because of bio-mechanics most women are not meant to be elite runners, but this dosnt mean that most women can't be recreational runners. But then again none of us can be elite in everything we do.
              My sense is that it's best not to sum up articles like the one the OP posted. Disbelief and/or mockery seem somehow more appropriate.
              JakeKnight

MTA: and I have lost 55 lbs while running and while my hips may now be elite, my boobs remain abundant. (did I slip into the swamp?)
                Uh, Scout? A little help here? This fat pitch has been hanging over home plate for an hour. Are you okay?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                -----------------------------

Giants Fan

In reference to that one JakeKnight...I want someone to write an article on how to run and get boobs. Anyone? anyone?

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

I wasn't very clear... actually I wasn't summing up the article. I was just trying to make a true statement using the same "evidence" that the author used.
                    My sense is that it's best not to sum up articles like the one the OP posted. Disbelief and/or mockery seem somehow more appropriate.

Why is it sideways?

I wasn't very clear... actually I wasn't summing up the article. I was just trying to make a true statement using the same "evidence" that the author used.
                      Yeah, I misunderstood you. I was just joking around, anyhow. Cheers!
                        I think I figured it out. I bet this author gets paid based off of how big of a response they get from readers on certain articles. What better way to generate a lot of interest than to insult all of Womenhood? or thinking about it now... maybe his significant other is dropping hints about picking up running so they can have more time together???
                          While I think there is *some* truth to what he is saying, it's not that black & white and there are definitely exceptions. I would be interested to see a formal study done, though. I am definitely NOT built like a runner...I definitely have excessive boobage & booty and have a much stockier bone structure (aka short inseam, long torso, and cankles) compared to the first 10% of women to cross the finish line of any race...but I do have fairly narrow hips and have really not been prone to any serious injury issues. Some of that is due to careful training and careful shoe selection, but I'm sure that part of that is due to my relatively narrow hips compared to a lot of women of my height and weight. Knee issues ARE more prevalent in females because of hips that are generally wider and angle in more toward the knees.
                          Zoom: Bullshit! Google Toshihiko Seko and see his body type. Okay, he's not a woman but short stocky (and hairy) legs. I had a picture of him passing Finland's Marti Vainio and Vainio's legs were coming out from Seko's chest level! There had been runners like Kenny Moore, while his hips are very narrow, he had terrible knocked knee running style and he didn't do too badly (2:11 and 4th in the Olympics). Rob de Castella of Australia, while I don't know the size of his hips, is a big stocky guy for a marathon runner with huge thighs (he was nicknamed "tree trunk") and he was knocked knees and his feet would spray out as he lands... He set the world record for the marathon. I think any of these articles just give people like Hefty or Richard an excuse not to run or not to try to run and give them a reason to discourage others not to run too much. Afterall, I see PLENTY of ladies who beat me to the finish! A lot of them have...well, a very nice figure and I don't think that hinder them from doing well at all.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MTA: and I have lost 55 lbs while running and while my hips may now be elite, my boobs remain abundant. (did I slip into the swamp?)
                            Ha! I think you and I ARE built alike! I could lose 30#s and hover around 115#s and a size 2...but I'd still have big'uns, unfortunately. Tongue You're right, though. It's not weight that has anything to do with a woman's hip structure, but gentics. Even when I was a 185# size 16 I still had relatively narrow hips. Running then likely would have given me knee issues, but because of my weight, not because of my hips.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Bullshit! Google Toshihiko Seko and see his body type.
                              Or, uh, just look at me in my last marathon. I obviously have no business running. I assume my uterus will fall out soon.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoom: Bullshit! Google Toshihiko Seko and see his body type. Okay, he's not a woman but short stocky (and hairy) legs. I had a picture of him passing Finland's Marti Vainio and Vainio's legs were coming out from Seko's chest level! There had been runners like Kenny Moore, while his hips are very narrow, he had terrible knocked knee running style and he didn't do too badly (2:11 and 4th in the Olympics). Rob de Castella of Australia, while I don't know the size of his hips, is a big stocky guy for a marathon runner with huge thighs (he was nicknamed "tree trunk") and he was knocked knees and his feet would spray out as he lands... He set the world record for the marathon. I think any of these articles just give people like Hefty or Richard an excuse not to run or not to try to run and give them a reason to discourage others not to run too much. Afterall, I see PLENTY of ladies who beat me to the finish! A lot of them have...well, a very nice figure and I don't think that hinder them from doing well at all.
                                Yes...and note the word SOME in my original post. For every rule there are exceptions. But would anyone dispute that some body types are better adapted to running distances--at least in a truly competitive sense? Just as there are body types better adapted to sprinting, body types better adapted to swimming, cycling, etc. There's a reason that elites in almost every sport or specific position within a team sport are built similarly. That's NOT to say that others cannot get a ton of enjoyment out of a sport and some relative success--particularly with proper training--but different biomechanics and body structures CAN certainly pose an additional injury risk, especially with poor training and improper footware.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay