Just Ordered my Noosa's (Read 1384 times)

Has anyone had them? I know I should've checked before I did, but I get excited. Been wearing my worn down gel-1150s and I saw these beasts and cannot wait to run in them.

I've heard/read little about them but they don't seem too far off from the 2150/Kayanno Technology, maybe simpler. For me, when I saw the heel strike technology and the breathability of the toebox, I was finding coupons for  RW.

What did I just get myself into?

ymmv

Has anyone had them? I know I should've checked before I did, but I get excited. Been wearing my worn down gel-1150s and I saw these beasts and cannot wait to run in them.

I've heard/read little about them but they don't seem too far off from the 2150/Kayanno Technology, maybe simpler. For me, when I saw the heel strike technology and the breathability of the toebox, I was finding coupons for  RW.

What did I just get myself into?

I think mine are like a DS-Trainer with more open mesh on the toe box (not a great winter shoe) and an insole that is sewn in.

They are fun. I like to find fun in running whenever I can.

L Train

I think mine are like a DS-Trainer

I got a pair of the Noosas and the DS-Trainers both about a month ago for the first time.  Actually the first Asics I have run in in at least 5 years, which may as well be saying the first Asics I've run in. 

Anyway, love the DS-Trainers.  I think I hate the Noosas.  I don't know how to explain it other than to say that they feel very rigid, they make my right foot slap on the ground (or exaggerate the sound of it) and my legs feel like lead when I run in them.  I WANT to like them, but I don't. 

Anyway, love the DS-Trainers.  I think I hate the Noosas.  I don't know how to explain it other than to say that they feel very rigid, they make my right foot slap on the ground (or exaggerate the sound of it) and my legs feel like lead when I run in them.  I WANT to like them, but I don't. 

i hate to be the one to tell ya this but.....your r. foot is always slappin the ground. the stiffer compound exaggerates the sound as you strike but it's you that is doin it and not those beautiful shoes.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

. the stiffer compound exaggerates the sound as you strike but it's you that is doin it and not those beautiful shoes.

So, the heels are a lot firmer? I am a heavy striker but I guess I can just throw some supports in and hope for the best, but I was hoping to keep the weight down.

I looked up the ds-trainer and read pretty good reviews. I suppose I'll see wednesday what I bought. Maybe put a review somewhere on the internet in weeks to come since I cannot find one. 

L Train

So, the heels are a lot firmer? I am a heavy striker but I guess I can just throw some supports in and hope for the best, but I was hoping to keep the weight down.

I looked up the ds-trainer and read pretty good reviews. I suppose I'll see wednesday what I bought. Maybe put a review somewhere on the internet in weeks to come since I cannot find one. 

They aren't heavy, I'm not good at describing things and my form can generously be described as grotesque.  They just feel stiffer overall to me, especially compared to the DS Trainers or the Saucony Kinvara or Fastwitch. 

Maybe I have no clue what I'm thinking, but do you runners buy shoes without trying them on for fit and fill?  When I started this crazy running thing two years ago, the first thing I did was go to the local speciality running store (Fleet Feet Sac) and get properly fitted and have the shoe guy watch me run.  Anyway, found out that I had a wide foot and he brought out four different pairs for my neutral running style wide foot: Mizuno Wave Rider, a Saucony, a Brooks, and an Asics.  I tried all of them on and ran up and down the street.  The Mizuno was the only pair that felt perfect from the time I put it on my feet to the end of my trial run.  It was a no brainer for me which shoe was the best.  I've been in Wave Rider's since August 2008.  I couldn't imagine buying another shoe without first trying it on.

My last pair I got all fitted for and ran around in, but this time I saw them online and know there's a good return policy. Since the price is right, it seems to be alright. I've never bought them like this before, but worth a shot . I've had a few pairs of asics and they all seem to fit well, and I checked their sizing ratios against the 'standard' of each quality (e.g. width, length...) 

L Train

Maybe I have no clue what I'm thinking, but do you runners buy shoes without trying them on for fit and fill?  When I started this crazy running thing two years ago, the first thing I did was go to the local speciality running store (Fleet Feet Sac) and get properly fitted and have the shoe guy watch me run.  Anyway, found out that I had a wide foot and he brought out four different pairs for my neutral running style wide foot: Mizuno Wave Rider, a Saucony, a Brooks, and an Asics.  I tried all of them on and ran up and down the street.  The Mizuno was the only pair that felt perfect from the time I put it on my feet to the end of my trial run.  It was a no brainer for me which shoe was the best.  I've been in Wave Rider's since August 2008.  I couldn't imagine buying another shoe without first trying it on.

Ideally yes.  But the closest place for me is about a 45 minute drive, and I buy too many shoes to make that drive all the time.  For me this just means I wear them for a few months and then never buy them again. Generally I don't have a problem as long as I basically know what I'm buying.  I don't change shoe types too often, this was more of an abberation . 

I've been reading and apparently they are a ds-trainer 14 with a lighter mesh. So, not much need for a complete review on the shoe, at least in regard to the technology/material.

xhristopher

In order not to further derail the "Too Much Mileage Thread" by carrying on about L Train possibly barfed on his Noosas... I'll reply here to throw in my bit about the DS Racers.

1 pair and done.  Those suck.

I almost got them (Noosas) but couldn't find 12.5. I like my DS Trainer 15s plenty and just got a pair of DS Racers. So far I like those Racers more than the Trainers as they seem less stiff, more supple, and are obviously lighter. You said the Noosas seemed to go in the opposite direction from the Trainer right? Ridged, slappy, leaded, etc...

I'll get a better feel for how the Racers compare after that little 16 miler in a couple weeks.

ymmv

they make my right foot slap on the ground (or exaggerate the sound of it)

they are  loud shoes.