Do we run for ourselves, or to feed our ego? (Read 312 times)

Feeling the growl again

Of course its for most to feed their egos.

Otherwise they're simply one more cog in the industrial machine that nobody could care less about.

Its out of social desperation to prove themselves superior in a world that knows they're pawns in an economic garbage disposal that does nothing more than grind them up and spit them out undistinguishable from anyone else in the same sink of social uselessness.

In the grand scheme of things that they think running will give them any sense of social credibility when its obvious that nobody else gives a rats puke to who they really are.

Yet here you are, desperately seeking attention from the people here....when you could be trolling the military forums where supposedly you have credibility with your Seal Team Six work.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Yet here you are, desperately seeking attention from the people here....when you could be trolling the military forums where supposedly you have credibility with your Seal Team Six work.

I don't seek attention. I merely offer answers to questions people seek. You offer barf, I offer science.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Prince of Fatness

I simply describe the social misery most runners face in trying to make their lives seem relevant.

OK it is time to fess up.  Someone cut you off on the highway this morning, didn't they?  Be honest.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

You offer barf.

Wait a minute, he does host a beer mile every year.  You might be on to something.

Not at it at all. 

sport jester

Biomimeticist

OK it is time to fess up.  Someone cut you off on the highway this morning, didn't they?  Be honest.

Honda would love to sell you a 130 MPH lawn mower. I suggest you go buy one.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Prince of Fatness

Honda would love to sell you a 130 MPH lawn mower. I suggest you go buy one.

I am into mowers and read all of the journals.  Honda sells no such mower.

Not at it at all. 

sport jester

Biomimeticist

I am into mowers and read all of the journals.  Honda sells no such mower.

Really?????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.usatoday.com/story/driveon/2013/07/21/honda-lawn-mower/2569219/

Feeling the growl again

Wait a minute, he does host a beer mile every year.  You might be on to something.

LOL.  Yes, and 4 years in I've not been successful at getting anyone to barf.  Must try harder.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

It isn't for sale. It's for publicity. like all your posts, a little truth mixed in with lots of lies.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

Feeling the growl again

Hey crackpot, it says right in the article you link that it's a demo model, not for sale.

Joann Y

This is tiresome. We aren't here to seek answers from you. This is a social forum for runners. Please go away. And screw your "science". When you start running, please come back and share your experiences.

I don't seek attention. I merely offer answers to questions people seek. 

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Hey crackpot, it says right in the article you link that it's a demo model, not for sale.

Honda made it, if you can't buy it doesn't mean the product doesn't exist...

For the right amount of money doesn't mean they won't sell it to you.

Of course its for most to feed their egos.

Otherwise they're simply one more cog in the industrial machine that nobody could care less about.

Its out of social desperation to prove themselves superior in a world that knows they're pawns in an economic garbage disposal that does nothing more than grind them up and spit them out undistinguishable from anyone else in the same sink of social uselessness.

In the grand scheme of things that they think running will give them any sense of social credibility when its obvious that nobody else gives a rats puke to who they really are.

This is really cool.  So why do you want to make runners faster?  Why teach the ignorant masses about how to run like an ostrich who is far superior to us?  Aren't you contributing to the demise of society as we know it?

JimR

Everything we do is for ourselves.  That's the purests answer though.  More to the point, it's achievement and whether it's ego or not depends on how you present it to others.  Sometimes doing some event in particular is more about being able to relate it to others in a more recognisable form, for social reasons.  If you run Boston, even non-runners can relate to that while they'd be hard pressed to differentiate the Hamilton Half from the Santa Shuffle 5k.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... while they'd be hard pressed to differentiate the Hamilton Half from the Santa Shuffle 5k.

I *am* a runner and even I didn't know they had half of 5ks.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.