Hypothetical Question (Read 1146 times)

This sounds like fun... I think I'd race.

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

Lane

Extended hypothetical question: If you see a commuter going along slowly on a bicycle, and think you can catch up, do you catch up and try to get them to race you? Most of the time, I live in a city, and some days, I'll race anything that moves, including people on bicycles, city buses, and leafs blowing in the wind.
        The problem is that all the Rambos and two of the Rockies are automatically before any movie ever.
        The original Rocky came in at 14th. Rambo? Not so much.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Sounds like fun! I'd say do it. Now this has me thinking, hypothetical-like and all - If that hot guy running at the park last night would have asked me to join him, would I have been able to keep up with his fast (yet appearing effortless) pace? Big grin

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My instinct would be to race, but hopefully sanity would take over. I'm sure I'd pull something trying a stunt like that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Think Whirled Peas

My instinct would be to race, but hopefully sanity would take over. I'm sure I'd pull something trying a stunt like that.
              My guess is you'd reach DumpCON 1 (btw, shouldn't it really be DumpCON 2? Just sayin') well before the race was deturdmined, er, determined. And yeah, run 'til someone pukes is the correct answer here.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

My guess is you'd reach DumpCON 1 (btw, shouldn't it really be DumpCON 2? Just sayin') well before the race was deturdmined, er, determined.
                Good question. I had assumed that DumpCON-1 meant that defecation was imminent and urgent, but perhaps it makes more sense for it to mean that defecation is actually occurring, and have DumpCON-2 mean imminent and unavoidable. OK, back after a little Wikipaedia research:
                DEFCON-1: This refers to maximum readiness. It is not certain whether this has ever been used, but it is reserved for imminent or ongoing attack on US military forces or US territory by a foreign military power.
                So you can be at DEFCON-1 without launching ICBM's. Based on this, I reserve DUMPCON-1 for an imminent or ongoing bout of defecation. I'll get back to you on the rest of the scale.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If that hot guy running at the park last night would have asked me to join him, would I have been able to keep up with his fast (yet appearing effortless) pace?
                  I think you would have been able to keep up with me. Tongue

Think Whirled Peas

Good question. I had assumed that DumpCON-1 meant that defecation was imminent and urgent, but perhaps it makes more sense for it to mean that defecation is actually occurring, and have DumpCON-2 mean imminent and unavoidable. OK, back after a little Wikipaedia research: So you can be at DEFCON-1 without launching ICBM's. Based on this, I reserve DUMPCON-1 for an imminent or ongoing bout of defecation. I'll get back to you on the rest of the scale.
                    Excellent research, kind sir! BTW, I now use DumpCON terminology every day, which amuses me greatly. My wife? Not so much.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

A Saucy Wench

Sounds like fun! I'd say do it. Now this has me thinking, hypothetical-like and all - If that hot guy running at the park last night would have asked me to join him, would I have been able to keep up with his fast (yet appearing effortless) pace? Big grin
                      You may have been inspired and discovered you were faster than you thought Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'll race anything that moves, including people on bicycles, city buses, and leafs blowing in the wind.
                        I play race the bus all the time. I even try to make eye contact with the driver (or with passengers if the driver won't play) so that they know we're racing.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

Frank4

Inconceivable
                          You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. And yes, racing, especially against inanimate objects that don't stand a chance against me, is always good for sparking up a run.

jules2

Yes, and assuming she was young, had a nice butt and was wearing lycra she would win by a short distance. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be so I'd have to keep fairly close.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
                              Or perhaps it's merely a reference.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Oh Mighty Wing

Or perhaps it's merely a reference.
                                so was that quote - it was by Inigo Montoya... " Hello my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father prepare to die"