All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I also really dig Pink as she’s a great songwriter. 👍

100%...though choosing a single album would be a challenge.

I submit Florence + The Machine - "Lungs". No question.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

love this thread. I've added so many good songs to my playlist. thanks! After I think a bit, I'll provide a few of my own

I’ll go with Blonder and Blonder by The Muffs.

Saw them live a couple of times but unfortunately the singer Kim Shattuck died in 2019 at only 56yo.

I approve this message. Kim was a tour de force and and the Muffs were one the most underrated bands ever. I never understood why they were not more popular. And so sad she was taken so young.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

For the same reason I don't use favorite book or movie as a security question, my favorite album is hard to pin down too.  So much depends on my mood at the moment I'm asked, or what I've been listening to lately.  My favorite now is likely to be different from my favorite of last year.  A while ago, I was getting a lot of enjoyment from a recording of the original, ballet orchestration of Applachian Spring, but then I moved on to Joshua Rifkin playing a selection of Scott Joplin rags on a concert grand.  Yet, time after time, I'll come back to Abbey Road or Who's Next.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

rlopez

My vote for best female artiste is Tanya Savory. She is dreamy.

mikeymike

Town To Town = no skips

Runners run

Top albums to run to?  I've always logged miles to Nas - It Was Written (melodic beats, incredible lyrics), Weezer - blue album, A Tribe Called Quest - Low End Theory, and MF Doom - Madvillany.  These are the only albums you need to listen to for mileage!

This thread delivers.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Town To Town = no skips

City to City has plenty of skips, but it also has Baker Street and Right Down the Line back-to-back. Has to be worth something.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

johhnylew

My favorite album of all time is Abbey Road by the Beatles. I grew up listening to the Beatles with my dad, and this album always stood out to me as their best work. The songwriting is impeccable, and the musicianship is second to none. Every time I listen to it, I hear something new that I didn't notice before. It's one of those albums that just gets better with age.

zebano

Seconding P!nk, stellar artist. I don't really listen to discs/albums anymore but I grew up on Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits album which my dad played nonstop in-interspersed with Carol King, Hootie and Sheryl Crow in my teenage years.

I personally loved Matchbox 20 Yourself  or Someone like you, Gin Blossom's New Miserable Experience and Soul Asylum's Grave Dancer's Union but I'm not sure I could listen to any of that nonstop anymore. I'd probably have to go with

Flogging Molly's Drunken Lullabies.

Halestorm's The Strange Case Of...  gets a close second. Oh crap I'm leaving Cake out... yeah I guess I need to.

ok this is clearly cheating but if I had to take 1 album to a dessert island it would be The Blues Brothers Original Soundtrack.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Charles G

Stooges-Raw Power

Rolling Stones-Beggars Banquet

Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited

Jimi Hendrix-Are You Experienced

My Bloody Valentine-Loveless

Rubber Soul-Beatles

21st Century

Elder-Dead Roots Stirring

Burial-Untrue

Glintshake-О​Э​Щ М​А​Г​З​И​У

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Seconding P!nk, stellar artist. I don't really listen to discs/albums anymore but I grew up on Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits album which my dad played nonstop in-interspersed with Carol King, Hootie and Sheryl Crow in my teenage years.

I personally loved Matchbox 20 Yourself  or Someone like you, Gin Blossom's New Miserable Experience and Soul Asylum's Grave Dancer's Union but I'm not sure I could listen to any of that nonstop anymore. I'd probably have to go with

Flogging Molly's Drunken Lullabies.

Halestorm's The Strange Case Of...  gets a close second. Oh crap I'm leaving Cake out... yeah I guess I need to.

ok this is clearly cheating but if I had to take 1 album to a dessert island it would be The Blues Brothers Original Soundtrack.

That is such a great album and remember listening to it non stop when it was released. It’s definitely in my top 10 favourite albums.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)