All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

redleaf

You're right. It's hard to pick favorites, but I forgot one obvious one. Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon Okay, that's my last nomination. I promise. It's got a couple of good running tunes on it.
    I confess, the only song I know would be Werewolves of London...

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Two that immediately come to mind without putting much thought to it... Supertramp - Crime of the Century Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent, and the E Street Shuffle

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I played this game with some friends a few years back except it was name 3 of the most influential albums ever. Beatles - Abbey Road Fleetwood Mac - Rumors Michael Jackson - Thriller Some of my all time favorites... Journey - Escape AC/DC Black in Black Metallica - Black Album Annie Lennox-Diva Elton John - Everything but the later stuff Billy Joel - anything Spinal Tap - Soundtrack...sorry, its on TV right now. Bob http://bobrunner.blogspot.com
        AnneCA

I confess, the only song I know would be Werewolves of London...
          Don't worry, my 3-year old knows almost all the lyrics to Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner. Which reminds me I gotta video her doing that. Also, I need to video her and her sister singing the Immigrant Song. My husband is a stay-at-home dad. This is one of the side effects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbvCnNlLLSs

Jazz hands!

The first that always comes to mind is: The Smashing Pumpkins: Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness And also: Modest Mouse: The Moon and Antarctica Wolf Parade: Apologies to the Queen Mary The Wrens: The Meadlowlands John Cale: Paris 1919 The Psychedelic Furs: All of This and Nothing
            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
            Lisa3.1

Eric Clapton Pink Floyd Beethoven and bluegrass
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My husband is a stay-at-home dad. This is one of the side effects. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbvCnNlLLSs
                That is WAY cool! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Anything by Bob Dylan.
                    Even Empire Burlesque?
                    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                      Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys. Rubber Soul by the Beatles. and a bunch of others...
                      I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                        Rush--Moving Pictures Rush--2112 Pink Floyd--Wish You Were Here U2--Every album Coldplay--Every album
                          This is tough. I'm going to try to keep it to five albums that I can listen to over and over and never get tired of... Van Morrison - Moondance The Beatles - Abbey Road James Taylor - Sweet Baby James Tom Petty - Greatest Hits Jet - Get Born
                          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This is almost impossible to answer, and not feel like you've left something important out: Beatles: Rubber Soul/Revolver/Pepper/White Album/Abbey Road Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You were here Paul Simon: Graceland Paul McCartney: Band on the Run, Flaming Pie U2: Joshua Tree, Actung Baby, Zooropa Counting Crows: August & everything After Van Halen: I, 1984 Bob Marley: Legend Zeppelin: II, ZOSO Derek and the Dominoes (Clapton): Layla James Brown: Soul Time 20 Greatest Harry Chapin: Greatest Stories Live Aimee Mann: Magnolia soundtrack Sarah MacLachlan: Surfacing Jim Croce: Photographs and Memories Peter Gabriel: So Gin Blossoms: New Miserable Experience Meat Loaf Hendrix: Are You Experienced? INXS: Kick Elton John: Live in Australia George Harrison: Brainwashed, All things must pass Moby: Play Tom Petty: Full Moon Fever Police: Synchronicity Queen: Classic Queen and Queen's Greatest Hits (can't have one without the other) RHCP: Blood Sugar Swaey Magik Guns 'R Roses: Use Your Illusion I and II Springsteen: Born in the USA Huey Lewis: Sports Stones: Let it Bleed Brian Setzer Orchesta: Dirty Boogie 1e4 Maniacs: Our Time in Eden Billy Joel: Greatest Hits I and II Garbage: Version 2.0 Genesis: Genesis, Invisible Touch Wallflowers: Bringing Down the Horse Hootie/Blowfish's first album Bob Seger: Live Bullet / Nine Tonight Animal House Soundtrack Blues Brothers Soundtrack Commitments Soundtrack Okay, I'll stop now before I list off everything I own.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mishka-old log

This has been the wallpaper on my home computer for probably a year now. MTA: Wow! Globule admitted to Huey and Hootie. You got some stones, dude.
                              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

MTA: Wow! Globule admitted to Huey and Hootie. You got some stones, dude.
                                Dude, I wore out my cassette of "Sports". And no once admits it, but everyone likes that first Hootie album.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.