All time favorite albums (Read 1057 times)

Sorry, pitrunner! Guess I glossed over your quote... at least there's two of us! Smile With your list, I enjoy DMB (except I used to listen to them so much that I just can't anymore... funny how that seems to only work with certain bands). Radiohead of course. Skynyrd... I must agree. Some Sublime. And with the rap stuff, I go through phases. I don't care for any of the new stuff, but the older Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg, I sometimes listen to...

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

Anything by Bob Dylan.
      I have to second this one .
      xor

First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi." Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?" Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice." And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV. Name that movie.
        Well, it's Fast Times. The extra joke on that, though, is that when he's *in* the car, he plays Kashmir, which of course is from a different album. At the time it came out, I thought it was a screw-up by the makers of the movie. Once I learned more about Cameron C, I realized that this couldn't be true. I haven't read the book, so I'm not sure if the joke is supposed to be that Rat simply played the wrong album (and they clipped the joke), or if it is more of an in-joke on the movie's audience.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi." Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?" Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice." And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV. Name that movie.
          Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Problem is, the next scene, they cut to the date, and the music playing is indeed Led Zeppelin, but it's the mighty "Kashmir" from Physical Graffiti. MTA: Once again, Globule fails to read the rest of the thread, and srlopez beat me to it by a full 14 minutes. Doh! Blush

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Some great albums mentioned. Am I really the only Madman Across the Water fan? Surprised
            I think Madman is good, but I prefer Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Though, perhaps incorrectly, I've always thought of EJ as more of a singles artist -- I'm not familiar with a lot of his albums, other than by name. My parents tell me that EJ was my favorite musician from about age 3 to 7, and he was the first artist I ever saw in concert (in junior high).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Chair Warmer

All time favorite is the Jimmy Buffett box set- Boats, Beaches, Bars, & Ballads. But I like just about everything.... my iPod has everything from Manilow to Metallica.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

But I like just about everything.... my iPod has everything from Manilow to Metallica.
                That covers a lot of ground.

xor

All time favorite is the Jimmy Buffett box set- Boats, Beaches, Bars, & Ballads. But I like just about everything.... my iPod has everything from Manilow to Metallica.
                  I do believe that if Manilow's music is sitting physically next to Metallica in your IPOD's memory that your IPOD is much more likely to spontaneously combust.

jules2

Daft Punk, Discovery, track Digital Love David Byrne, Look Into The Eyeball, track Everyones In Love With You Why ? its a long story.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Frank Sinatra: Songs for Swingin' Lovers. Sinatra never sounded better, and the Nelson Riddle Orchestra was swingingly great. Awesome mood music for a romantic dinner.

Run the race God set B4U

I don't think anyone has my taste of music!!!!!!...I'll just keep it to myself Shy
                        5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I don't think anyone has my taste of music!!!!!!...I'll just keep it to myself Shy
                          That kind of statement demands an example! Big grin

Run the race God set B4U

Ok!!!! Geesh.... Duran Duran-Greatest Hits Journey-Greatest Hits Bon Jovi-Greatest Hits Kenny Chesney- most all Casting Crowns-The Altar & The door Big grin
                            5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Duran Duran-Greatest Hits OWN IT Journey-Greatest Hits WISH I OWNED IT Bon Jovi-Greatest Hits WISH I OWNED IT
                              Nice selections! Smile

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Rubber Soul and Revolver, I think of them as a double album
                                George Harrison said the same thing, so you're in extremely good company.