autosynch (Read 160 times)

Uahiker

are there plans for auto synching? or is always going to manual upload? manual just a pain when so many others auto sych either with strava or wahoo or polar or keep going.

i use a wahoo heart rate monitor and strava, training peaks auto  upload so if not directly through wahoo then from strava would be great.

an amazing likeness

RunningAHEAD has integration with Garmin Connect.  Many people use Strava > Garmin > RA integration with success.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CalBears

I do not remember when I last time uploaded data manually - it's all auto sync since long time ago...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Uahiker

i used to have a garmin. haven't figured out how to do strava or strava to garmin and then here... help?

dumrunner

i used to have a garmin. haven't figured out how to do strava or strava to garmin and then here... help?

If you are on an iPhone, using Strava, you can use the RunGap app to sync from Strava and upload to Garmin. RA will then sync from Garmin. RunGap has a subscription ($8/yr I think), but it is very functional, has good support, and syncs with many other services (Training Peaks among them).

an amazing likeness

I am not experienced with Strava, but I believe you simply need to create an account for yourself on Garmin Connect, then follow the instructions from Garmin or Strava for integrating Garmin Connect and Strava.

Once you have your data flowing from Strava to Garmin Connect, enable the RunningAhead integration to Garmin Connect  (via Training Log > Tools > Applications) and you should be all set to have your workout data flow from Garmin Connect to RunningAhead.

(cautionary note...there can be a delay of up to ~24 hours before Garmin Connect starts sending your data to RunningAhead after completing setup)

I BELIEVE THERE IS A PROBLEM W/ GARMIN CONNECT NOT CURRENTLY SYNCING FROM DEVICE TO SERVER.

I HAVE BEEN HAVING TO MANUALLY UPLOAD WATCH FILES TO GARMIN.

SYNC KEEPS FAILING AND NOT SURE WHY.

MAYBE CAUSE I CAN NOT UPGRADE TO IOS 13.+, TO UPGRADE G. CONNECT OR STRAVA APPS?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zebano

I am not experienced with Strava, but I believe you simply need to create an account for yourself on Garmin Connect, then follow the instructions from Garmin or Strava for integrating Garmin Connect and Strava.

Once you have your data flowing from Strava to Garmin Connect, enable the RunningAhead integration to Garmin Connect  (via Training Log > Tools > Applications) and you should be all set to have your workout data flow from Garmin Connect to RunningAhead.

(cautionary note...there can be a delay of up to ~24 hours before Garmin Connect starts sending your data to RunningAhead after completing setup)

Are you sure you can get things flowing from Strava > Garmin? The Garmin page you linked specifically says:

NOTE: Activities uploaded directly to Strava do not sync back to Garmin Connect.

and when I look in GarminConnect online or in the app, it says only "courses" are synced from Strava to Garmin which is consistent with what is shown on the Strava page you linked.

I'd love to see this work but I haven't had auto-uploads to RA since I stopped using a Garmin watch in 2018.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

an amazing likeness

Are you sure you can get things flowing from Strava > Garmin? The Garmin page you linked specifically says:

NOTE: Activities uploaded directly to Strava do not sync back to Garmin Connect.

Like I noted...I don't use Strava...so it's highly likely I was mistaken.  What you note does make sense -- the only supported flow would be Garmin device -> Garmin Connect -> external integrations on other services. Logically Garmin wouldn't have any reason to consume content from Strava into Garmin Connect.

Thanks for pointing out the issue, I apologize if my suggestion sent anyone on a wild goose chase.

kcam

Other watches MIGHT be as good or better than Garmin but, unless and until we can autosync, I'll stick with ole tried-and-true Garmin.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Semi-related, but after RA was down my earlier Garmin (Edge -- bike) workout didn't autosync. I tried manually uploading files downloaded from Connect, but 3 different upload formats all yield errors. Just on my end...? I've never before run into issues trying to manually upload files, so I'm really scratching my head.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My run this morning has not automatically been sent to RA.

I've manually uploaded the Fit file but still not showing.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My run this morning has not automatically been sent to RA.

I've manually uploaded the Fit file but still not showing.

I have had slow-to-show uploads, but I'm getting error messages with .fit, .tcx, .gpx.... It's been so long since I've downloaded a Garmin file for manual RA upload that I'm not entirely certain that I'm not f'ing something up on my end, though.

~ Sarah Kay

I have had slow-to-show uploads, but I'm getting error messages with .fit, .tcx, .gpx.... It's been so long since I've downloaded a Garmin file for manual RA upload that I'm not entirely certain that I'm not f'ing something up on my end, though.

Plug your gps watch into a PC via the usb cable and drag out the workout onto your desktop. Then use the uploader on RA to upload file. However thats where Im not getting any further at this stage.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Plug your gps watch into a PC via the usb cable and drag out the workout onto your desktop. Then use the uploader on RA to upload file. However thats where Im not getting any further at this stage.

I haven't tried that, yet. It looks like maybe RA and Connect aren't playing nice together, yet.

~ Sarah Kay