22 on the dreadmill (Read 765 times)

The Greatest of All Time

Yes, it's long run day. We just had about six inches of snow yesterday and last night. It's still coming down. Angry Off to the gym shortly to knock out 22 on the treadmill. Ipod charged, shaker bottles full, towel and 2 gels in my bag, almost done with my coffee, and I got that feeling, that feeling something extremely boring is about to happen....
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      Let us know if you survive or if you burn out the treadmill! I hope you don't get kicked off about mile 16!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Yes, it's long run day. We just had about six inches of snow yesterday and last night. It's still coming down. Angry Off to the gym shortly to knock out 22 on the treadmill. Ipod charged, shaker bottles full, towel and 2 gels in my bag, almost done with my coffee, and I got that feeling, that feeling something extremely boring is about to happen....
        Dude, is there B'ball on? If nothing else, you can catch a little March Madness.

~Gordo~

I think I would rather have a root canal! Good on you -- press on!
          !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
            Wow, the longest dreadmill run I've done is 12 miles, and I think I walked away with dain bramage from the boredom (with an iPod.) Good luck - your discipilne will be a thing of legend, I'm sure. Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

freckles

That is impressive, 5 minutes on the treadmill and I'm bored!!!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Oh, man. Shocked I could never do 22 on a treadmill ... may the force be with you.
                "Some people create with words or with music or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, 'I've never seen anyone run like that before.' It's more than just a race, it's a style. It's doing something better than anyone else. It's being creative." - prefontaine
                  I did 22 on a track once, but a treadmill? At least you get a change of scenery on a track, even though it's the same scenery. Good luck! Tom
                  rlemert

Been there - done that - no big deal. I did my 22 miler during the NFL playoffs, which helped. I also tend to 'people-watch' at the 'Y', and the staffa will come over from time to time to chat (usually to say "you're going HOW FAR?").
                    Mishka-old log

I feel ya, dude. We had the same storm come through last night. I've been stuck on the bike trainer all week and was itching to get outside today. Roads crappy. No go. 2 hours in the garage on the trainer instead. Bleh.
                        We got a foot of snow a few weeks ago and caused me to miss a group long run so I ended up doing 27 on the TM at home. It wasn't too bad - watched a few things and I made it a "race" by running0.8 and then started a marathon. I had some rules - no reducing speed, no stopping, had to be a net uphill course (first half at between +1-2% incline and then some flat and a few miles at -1%). It was indeed boring but not as bad as my previous longest treadmill run (22 miles without music or TV and nothing to look at but a mirror where I could only see half myself so I couldn't even check my form or make faces to amuse myself!!) That said - I doubt I'll be doing that again anytime soon! Rats - I tried posting a picture of the treadmill console but it didn't work...you'll have to take my word for it! Big grin

The Greatest of All Time

Done. Pretty good run. 6:50 pace the whole way, no warm up, just dialed it in and ran. Felt very relaxed entire run, could have ran faster and farther. No March Madness on the TV's, just lame ass infomercials. Didn't even get to watch Hannah Montana. Damn shame is what that is. Energy Consumed: 1 20 oz Bottle of G2 (70 calories) 2 Powergels (220 calories) 15g whey powder with 50 grams of dextrose in water (260 calories) Pre run weight: 171 Post run weight: 166 Total calories burned (per HRM): 2484 Now it's time to grab a shower and do my 1/2 of the home cleaning chores... Angry

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for posting that, Marcus, because I'm trying to brace myself to do my longest run ever, 8.5 miles, on the TM this afternoon. There's no TV, so it will be brutal. I'm just not any good at running in 20 mph wind when it's 35 degrees. I know, HTFU.
                              I once did 12 miles on the dreadmill because the roads were to icy. Never again. Just shoot me!! My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/
                              Only the lead dog has a different view. My Blog http://breakhearttrailrunning.blogspot.com/

The Greatest of All Time

Thanks for posting that, Marcus, because I'm trying to brace myself to do my longest run ever, 8.5 miles, on the TM this afternoon. There's no TV, so it will be brutal. I'm just not any good at running in 20 mph wind when it's 35 degrees. I know, HTFU.
                                Get 'er done!