Metal Clip on my Saucony Xodus's - not sure what it is for (Read 710 times)

Ben Running

All the way down by the first holes there is a black clip or ring attached to the tongue. It sits between the first set of holes and the second set. This is much different then the usual slit in the tongue to run the strings through. Anyway just wondering if anyone knows what the design is for. I thought maybe it was to lift the toe by putting the string through it but it may cut the string if you yank on it enough. Its a black little oblong ring . Cant find a picture close enough to show it or i would have posted.

Right on Hereford...

I was recently given a pair of these shoes and wondered the same thing. I believe my wife figured it out: it's for attaching gaitors. Since the Xodus is designed for nasty conditions, wearing them with gaitors would make sense.
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Any reviews on the Xodus?

Also, I cannot tell.  Is this a thick soled shoe or is it low to the ground?

Kalsarikännit

It is for gaiters.  It works really well with Dirty Girls.

I had a pair of Xodus's.  It is the only shoe I ever returned.  I love Sauconys because of their fit.  The snug heel and wide toe box are great.  Unfortunately in the Xodus, my heel was moving all over the place and it was really snug up front.  Back they went.  I used Running Warehouse, and they are great with returns.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Interesting.  Saucony fit me better than any other shoe I have tried.  I guess I will try them on before buying, if'n I go that route.