2017 Holiday Running Streak (Read 200 times)

Meh - I did not get a run in yesterday so I'm out.  I should still make my mileage goal.

You guys/gals keep on streaking!

I'm out too.  Cross country travel got to me.  3am wake up with nonstop activity until midnight.  Oops.  I will try to make the mileage goal anyway.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in, fingers crossed. Keep on truckin', everybody! --Christine

FSBD

My streak is still alive.  I passed over 3,000 miles for the year last night.  I won't hit my monthly mileage goal but it is still going to be a solid month.

Merry Christmas & good luck with the streak everyone!

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Holy cow, that's awesome!! I'm up to 50 miles now, but streak was blown. Looking forward to NEK year.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Nice job, FSBD! And thanks for our annual holiday gift, i.e., this challenge! --Christine

Teileen

Streak is still on.  I got a mininum mile run on the treadmill done yesterday and plan on the same today.  As I just posted however on the main forum, I slipped on the stairs in the afternoon and broke my next to smallest toe.  I taped it to the one next ti it and took some Advil.    The run was hard dealing with that and just general fatigue from my mong run the day before.  Hoping it will feel better today but will wait a few more hours.  Looks like I might be biking through my taper for the marathon.

Est. 2006

Streak is still intact, and I hit 305.5 miles for December with this evening's run, so I'm on track to beat my mileage goal by a few miles. I am tired, but it's taper time now, so I expect to get a little of that pep back in my step soon.

Good luck to those dealing with injury or other issues.

Great job everyone!

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm out.  But thanks for running this thing!

steph  

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Still in. I plan to finish my mileage goal on Sunday (the 31st) AM. Fingers crossed! Travel + weather have definitely kept it interesting this year.

Way to go, NTS. Good luck, everybody!

--Christine

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

A lot of dreadmill weather lately Today it was warmer at the North Pole, the South Pole and Siberia than it was here. I did run a -42*C windchill mile on Christmas morning which was ugly. Recovering from a cold with a hacking cough earlier in the month that dictated a few days of singles, but the streak continues. Smile

(My mileage goal was at least 100 miles and currently at just over 90 miles.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

(Prepare yourself for unfettered glee/relief...)

***I completed the December part of the HRS!!!***

327.25 mi (goal was 327).

I honestly didn't know if that was going to happen.

I am not running another step until tomorrow, and even then, maybe not too many. (Enough to get me a mile, of course, but after that :-D...)

--Christine

Teileen

I finished my run thinking I'd made an even 160 for the month (my biggest month in over 7 years) only to discover I'm short by .6.  Haha. Oh well. I might hop on the treadmill to fix this.  OCD and all ...

Est. 2006

(Prepare yourself for unfettered glee/relief...)

***I completed the December part of the HRS!!!***

327.25 mi (goal was 327).

I honestly didn't know if that was going to happen.

I am not running another step until tomorrow, and even then, maybe not too many. (Enough to get me a mile, of course, but after that :-D...)

--Christine

Fantastic job!

I finished my run thinking I'd made an even 160 for the month (my biggest month in over 7 years) only to discover I'm short by .6.  Haha. Oh well. I might hop on the treadmill to fix this.  OCD and all ...

Only 0.6 to go baby.  Good job to you, too.

I am 3.5 miles short of my 215 miles for December goal but December has been my highest month all year at 211.5 miles.  I might choose to be satisfied with that and move on to 2018.  So close, even though I missed out on completing the streak.  I checked and this has been my highest mileage year since 2014.  After suffering through achilles issues for 2 years, this has been a good year for making a return to more serious running.  Hoping the woodshed year will pay off in 2018. 

Mr MattM

Great job to all who made the streak and/or their mileage goal!

I didn't make either, but I'm okay with that.  I finished a 7 miler today which leaves me at 188 miles for the month.  Still, it was a good month and I'm excited to keep rolling into January.  Who knows?  I might actually train for a race...

Happy New Year folks!  Here is to all the best 2018 has to offer!

Cheers!

be curious; not judgmental