The 3-day walk ... (Read 667 times)

Along for the Ride

Hello everyone! Last year one of my friends from my running group was diagnosed with breast cancer. Long story short - the group has decided to form a team and participate in the 3-day walk. We all are raising $2200 each to participate. The proceeds benefit the Susan G Komen foundation. Our friend will be hopefully well enough to walk with us. We'll be walking 60 miles in 3 days. //08.the3day.org/goto/Gabriele Consider a donation. Share your own story. Tell me what you think.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Happy to help! A friend of mine has been undergoing chemo for her breast cancer (she's only about 6 months older than me) and now has found out that she will need bilateral mastectomy. I'm so glad she's alive, but hate that she has had to suffer so much. Thank you for doing the walk! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Along for the Ride

Thanks for the donation! Smile What is your friends name? I could add her name to my walking-shirt (see below). Add any message you'd like for her.

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Her name is Adrienne, but she goes by "Fippy" (her first name is actually Phyllis...she was named after her grandma. When she was little she called herself Fippy, since she couldn't pronounce her own name). I would be so happy if you had some positive thoughts for her as you walk. Once she is fully recovered she would like to start running and I hope to do next year's RFTC 5k with her (she lives in Arkansas). Here is my beautiful friend while we were on a girls' weekend in LA 2 Summers ago:

~ Sarah Kay

Big Black Guy

Here is my beautiful friend while we were on a girls' weekend in LA 2 Summers ago:
            Cannabis weekend?
              Glad to be able to help out! Best of luck! Keep us updated on the walk and Billa. Smile

Along for the Ride

Thanks Sara! Good luck on your Marathon! Smile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Cannabis weekend?
                  Nah, but she was having fun modeling silly sunglasses at a stand in Venice Beach (right after we had our navels pieced). Smile

~ Sarah Kay

Just me...

There's a three day walk here in Dallas in the fall and I have a really strong urge to do it. My husband doesn't though and he's afraid for me to do it. Maybe I can convince him before then. I don't have anyone specifically I would be walking for, just for the cause.

3/22/09- 177.0 Goal- 145(flexible)

Lisa3.1

I am there. Good Luck

Along for the Ride

Latrice - why is your husband afraid for you to walk it? Maybe he could volunteer, so he can experience it with you? You are clearly in shape from your running. I think walking it just for the cause is even better ... walking with a friend who was diagnosed hits so close to home Cry Lisa - are you walking the Seattle as well? Good luck to you!

Bugs

Glad to help. Touching story. Stay strong and healthy.

Bugs

Dog-Love

Nice effort RunnerGabe....happy to help. Smile
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Along for the Ride

Thanks Bugs and Crabby! Smile