2018 Sub-3. No rules. Run. (Read 792 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Deleted.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I think it might be time for all of us to take a deep breath and realize how absurdly fast a sub 2:30 marathon is.

Well we'll never get credit for it being fast because Cal has already run that time 

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Back to normal training talk...

Weather - I'm not a fan of doing doubles, so I'm glad to hear that you do it mainly with singles. I was concerned about pushing my easy runs longer than 10 miles. I always felt like I wanted to limit easy runs to that amount, mainly because it got me up to around 1:20 in time during the summer and I felt pushing 90 minutes in a run (which 12 miles would be) would start turning my easy days into MLR days. I know I can't do it ALL in singles, but I was thinking of maybe upping my easy run to 11 or 12 as you stated and then filling in the rest with doubles. I also like the idea of only running 6 days a week, so I may need to do more doubles than you did. I'd rather run twice some days than be forced to run every single day, which can be difficult with my schedule.

Andres1045

Ha... I mean - that reminds me my 13 years old daughter - when she is out of arguments she usually ends with - "oh, I was just joking / trolling...". American way to avoid any discussion involving different points of view. I forgot where I live now...

If you feel like you've gotten the better side of this argument (to the extent it was an argument to get a better side of instead of just expressing our views on a subject that has no real right or wrong side), great. Regarding the trolling part, my point was that in no way have I gotten upset or offended by ANY of this. I actually have for the first time in a long time been entertained by participating in this forum. And I have you to thank for that. Specifically, how easy it is to get you all riled up.

All joking aside, I really have enjoyed your return. I've often thought that if Cal can get himself back in shape, I need to stop my whining, finally get over this injury, and go for a real marathon PR! Hopefully I stick to that.

Upcoming races: Boston

CalBears

All joking aside, I really have enjoyed your return. I've often thought that if Cal can get himself back in shape, I need to stop my whining, finally get over this injury, and go for a real marathon PR! Hopefully I stick to that.

The same feeling actually. Maybe I just try and manage sharing time between getting better in my skills as a professional and training more or less seriously (I have some, probably temporary, approval on training from my wife - she saw how I was getting fat on a daily basis and wants to see me in shape Smile ) Yeah, this kind of discussion fires me up to some degree - it really hurts that you, millennials, have doubts I could run sub 2:30 marathon when I was 31 yo. 

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

JMac11

RIP Milkman

The same feeling actually. Maybe I just try and manage sharing time between getting better in my skills as a professional and training more or less seriously (I have some, probably temporary, approval on training from my wife - she saw how I was getting fat on a daily basis and wants to see me in shape Smile ) Yeah, this kind of discussion fires me up to some degree - it really hurts that you, millennials, have doubts I could run sub 2:30 marathon when I was 31 yo. 

This conversation wouldn't have been complete without a complaint regarding Millennials. Well done capping it off 

CalBears

I hope the situation with fires up north somehow resolves - not to mention 28 people are dead and 3000 structures are gone, the air quality is close to disastrous for much of the bay - 192 out of 250 at my place. it's 220 in Sacramento. I wonder if  the upper level 250 means people are going to die?  Just drove on i-680 - the visibility is certainly less than a mile. At this point it's unhealthy not only run but just to be outside. I hope rains that supposed to come mid next week will help - but this area is famous for rains not showing up even despite the forecast. Did I mention CIM will be certainly cancelled if this continues or even slightly improves.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Cancelling CIM would be crazy (not that they would cancel, just the whole situation).

I just put on my pair of Vaporfly. My god, these are unlike any other shoe I’ve tried on. I won’t be able to fully comment until I try them out in a race, but these make me feel like the Hypserspeeds I’ve run every marathon in are the equivalent to running barefoot. This feels like you’re running on a trampoline.

steve_