Moterized treadmilss for under 250 pounds (approx 320 dollars?) (Read 1715 times)

jayskydee

Hey I have only seen the rebock (bottom model) being sold which can manage 14 kmph, which is more than enough speed for the moment, and if your were to add incline would be enough speed for quite a while.  How good are this treadmills other features such as programs, does it do pulse and if so does it do it well? Are there any other treads out there for a bargin from reputable companies, I would prefer not to pay extortionate shipping either unless it was a great treadmil for under 200.

Feeling the growl again

To a certain extent, you get what you pay for.  I cannot imagine you will find a decent machine anywhere in that price range.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MrH

Cheap treadmills are sensitive to weight. How heavy are you?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

mikeymike

How heavy are you?

What time is it?

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

If you are going cheap make sure that you wear OASISC trainers.

Not at it at all. 

If you are going cheap make sure that you buy a foot pod and wear OASISC trainers.

What time is it?

It's showtime, it's showtime, it's showtime, it's showtime! It's time to go to school, son. Come on get your hands up man, you need an interpreter? It's time to go to school!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

$200 treadmills won't last long if used for running. 

MrH

It's not $200, it's 250 pounds which is 113 kg, approximately, which equates to about 100-200g or protein per day.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xhristopher

There's no doubt in my mind that I could break it with one run if I tried. 

jayskydee

200 uk pounds not lbs. which is about 320 dollars. Guess no one knows the exchange rate.

200 uk pounds not lbs. which is about 320 dollars. Guess no one knows the exchange rate.

lbs = US imperical pounds (weight)

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

xor

Tom's point remains the same... a 320 USD treadmill is a low quality treadmill that will not stand up long to day-to-day use.  AND... it won't hold calibration well even while it does work... you seem to be very "into" numbers, which is a fine thing I guess, but this means your head might explode when you realize that the numbers are all rubbish.  When it breaks, it'll be hard to fix. 

Plus, if you've ever run on a cheap treadmill, you might have noticed that they don't feel right.

jayskydee

I dont know some people seem to get many enjoyment from very much cheaper non motorized treadmills if amazon is anything to go by.

xor

I dont know some people seem to get many enjoyment from very much cheaper non motorized treadmills if amazon is anything to go by.

It isn't.