broken treadmill deck (Read 1300 times)

I used the search and found some old thread but nothing that really helped.

Last night the deck on my treadmill finally succumbed to the relentless footfalls I have given it. The deck split lenghtwise from front to back.  I'm not really sure what to do with it as this point.  The unit has to be 7 or 8 years old and the warranty on it has certainly expired, even if I could find my paperwork.

Should I just buy a new TM and start over?  should I buy a replacement deck ($200) and install it on an aging TM.  The belt seems OK still and the motor hasn't had any issues yet either. 

anyone replace their deck and have success with it?

nothing to see here.  

Talk to Spaniel! He's done it. 

I've now broken the incline motor bolt on my TM twice in just a little over a year. 

MrH

I've now broken the incline motor bolt on my TM twice in just a little over a year. 

Which brand?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Which brand?

Sole

MrH

Sole

Thanks - I'm trying to find a reason not to buy a Landice L7, if I decide to get a TM. 

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Thanks - I'm trying to find a reason not to buy a Landice L7, if I decide to get a TM. 

If I had to do it all over again, I'd spend the extra money on the Landice. 

It's Landice, now? Uh oh, sounds like trouble in paradise...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

I heard that if you buy of the platinum plated Landice treadmills you don't even have to use it.

But maybe I'll sell some of my wife's shoe collection to fund it, if it makes you feel better.

The process is the goal.

L Train

Not me. 

I heard that if you buy of the platinum plated Landice treadmills you don't even have to use it.

But maybe I'll sell some of my wife's shoe collection to fund it, if it makes you feel better.

Heh, not unless she wears a men's 10.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

MrH

Heh, not unless she wears a men's 10.

Not quite. At 5' 3" that would look strange.

At one of the Nike Women's Own races a prize did include some shoes that she had to order by mail. I don't know if they were surprised when she requested size 13 EE.

The process is the goal.