Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

22.7 miles. No knee pain .Smile Registering for the Bermuda marathon today. This was the test run.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Tim D

heavy breather

Longest run of the year yesterday (1hr 20 min) and although I was whipped last night I'm ready for whatever today.  Giddyup.

joescott

Raw 33F morning, light misty, rain. Maybe a few snowflakes. But a very enjoyable and worshipful run on a Christmas Eve. Ran the last mile fast, and the last 800 really fast, for no training reason whatsoever, except that I could, it felt great, and it was fun.  

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hit the 3500 mile mark on my bike for 2010.  Not too shabby considering I've only been riding since Nov. of last year.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hit the 3500 mile mark on my bike for 2010.  Not too shabby considering I've only been riding since Nov. of last year.

Congrats!

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

joescott

Awesome!  Especially since you have a lot of running miles on top of that.

- Joe

Maggie & Molly

I ran in the beginnings of the blizzard that is hitting our area today.  The start of my run wasn't bad but by the end it was windy and the snow was slapping my face - first snow run ever - loved it!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

keeponrunning

First 10mi race today!  Came 88/488 females, 367/1044 overall.  Big grin

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

First 10mi race today!  Came 88/488 females, 367/1044 overall.  Big grin

Congrats! What was your time? R U  getting close to <20 / 5k

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

keeponrunning

Congrats! What was your time? R U  getting close to <20 / 5k

Finished in 1:24:33.  My current 5k PR for the road is 21:00 (set in October), and for trail is 20:15 (but that was over a year ago-haven't ran near that since then).  I'm gonna focus more on longer distances for now, planning a fall HM, and maybe it will come unplanned.  I've decided I don't really care for that distance, so I'm not planning any 5k-specific training for a bit.

MTA:  yes, I am aware this shows that endurance is still my weakest area...

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Doc, my tooth hurts

I completed the 1500 mile challenge for the 3rd year in a row. That includes with me dealing with an injury for January and February of this year.  I'm confident that if it wasn't for injury and me having to build back up I could have done 2000.  I guess there is always next year!

ansel468

Getting back into the swing of things again!  One year post-ACL Reconstructive surgery... time to stop making excuses and get out there.  2.2 miles tonight!  It's a start....

joescott

Good luck!  I hope you come back strong!

- Joe

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Broke the 1700 mile mark for the year. Big grin

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

joescott

Nice job!  With almost no time to spare!

- Joe