Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

The half M race is in 3 weeks, so I will start to cut down the base mileage and ... if the tendon feels OK ... throw in some tempo/race pace runs.

Well, that's the plan. Whether I can tolerate the cut down remains to be seen. I'm pretty addicted to running at the moment, as it's one of the few pleasant things in my life right now.

I know that feeling. But hey, you'll still be running longer runs that I currently do while tapering, so it shouldn't be too bad! I sometimes wish I didn't have to stop running, but I know if i just keep going, my legs will give up and then I will have to stop for longer due to injury Hah!

Nice. If everything goes well (hah!), I'll join the first time marathoner gang in 2012 too. At least that's the plan. Ask me again after I have raced a few halfs Smile

Yeah I really need to do a half! Unfortunately, as it's now summer here, there are no races till november! That's 6 months away! And I'll have relocated a month or 2 prior. So it looks like my first race (other than the odd 5k) may be the marathon. Bad move?

Never forget the man who mistook his wife for a hat!

Ποτέ δεν ξεχνά τον άνθρωπο που μπέρδεψε τη γυναίκα του για ένα καπέλο!

On My Horse

Finished my first 60+ mile week in I don't know how long today.  Feels good to know I can get in good training on my own.  Will probably celebrate with an off day tomorrow Smile

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Finished two consecutive 40 mile weeks for the first time ever and also finally did some speedwork.  I'm starting a race series Wednesday so I don't think I can make three 40 mile weeks - yet!

Bill Wagnon / stl

obiebyke

At the end of my one hour scheduled run today, I decided to keep going until I hit 5 miles. I don't know if I've ever run 5 miles in my life, but today I did it.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

At the end of my one hour scheduled run today, I decided to keep going until I hit 5 miles. I don't know if I've ever run 5 miles in my life, but today I did it.

I don't work in miles, so I had to google it. Thanks google:

5 meters = 0.005 kilometers

Apparently 5 miles is 5mi not 5m :P

Anyway, Well done Wink

I don't work in miles, so I had to google it. Thanks google:

Apparently 5 miles is 5mi not 5m :P

Anyway, Well done Wink

5 is an easy one as one km is near enough 5/8 ths of a mile. I run in km, but I drive in miles Confused

5 is an easy one as one km is near enough 5/8 ths of a mile. I run in km, but I drive in miles Confused

I SHOULD know this, being a Brit and having driven in miles for a few years. So that would make you a Brit? Not many countries that use Mile Wink But I now live elsewhere and I drive and run in KM. I guess I've pushed this information out my brain and replaced it with something else! My brain is limited, I think I need to install some extra memory!! Anyway, it's back in there, and probably pushed something else out Sad

100+ miles/month.   July 2009-present.    22 consecutive

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I SHOULD know this, being a Brit and having driven in miles for a few years. So that would make you a Brit? Not many countries that use Mile Wink But I now live elsewhere and I drive and run in KM. I guess I've pushed this information out my brain and replaced it with something else! My brain is limited, I think I need to install some extra memory!! Anyway, it's back in there, and probably pushed something else out Sad

Yes - I am a Brit. Of course the question is why use km for running since most people use miles. I like km because the size of the unit seems better suited to the task. Plus I feel that metric units are more sensible really.

Rookie Runner

Surpassed 100 career miles today!  I'm thinking the next 100 will go MUCH faster.

You just inspired me to get out and run even though it's 44 dreary degrees here in Wisconsin!!!

old Paratrooper

New PR 10 K 53:35 I Considering I had severe ankle sprains on both ankles back in October from a parachute  jump that didn't land like I'd have liked I'm very pleased, I've still got away to go I really want to get it under an 8 min pace for now

wickedlady

5k today of 29:45... Same race last year at 37 something. So incredibly proud of myself!
                              Marylander

I managed to run 7 hours this week. I haven't done this since May last year and got off track shortly afterwards. Hopefully this time it's just the first of many such weeks and, even more, I hope some speed comes eventually too... Wink