Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

wannaberunner

I look my best blurry!

Congratulations to both of you! That's cool!

Won my first race today!!  It was just a small 5k to raise $$ for my daughters' school.  Maybe only 30-50 people, but I won.  My older daughter won her age group!  Great day!!  Big grin

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congratulations to both of you! That's cool!

+ 1

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

yes, congrats to you both!

steph  

Lynx

Marathon virgin no more! Great time at Berlin marathon... wo- hoo Big grin

SjFlowers

I got back on the elliptical...

vexil77

Knocked almost 6 minutes off my previous best for the half marathon, on Saturday! 

dsocha

Ra Due Runner

Ran the Adirondack marathon for my first marathon.  Finished under 4 hrs.   Yea

Goals

Log 1500

13.1 under 1:40  1:30

26.2 under 3:45  3:15

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats--Flowers--77-- dsocha

dsocha-- waaaay under 4

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Wing

Joggaholic

It was a good weekend for me!

1) PR 5k race 25:31

2) Bought my first pair of actual running shoes after the race, and they didn't give me blisters!

3) Got used to running over an hour several times a week, no longer feel it a drag to get out the door to run

Thanks everyone for all the advices on the forum!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Marylander

First 200 mile month for me, in spite of cutting tonight's run a touch short. Smile

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

First 200 mile month for me, in spite of cutting tonight's run a touch short. Smile

Congrats!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Rock on!  September was my first 200 mile month, too.  I hear good people get their first 200 in in September Big grin.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                            Emil Zatopek

great job on those 200 mile months!!  how are you feeling?

great job on those 200 mile months!!  how are you feeling?

Thanks!  I feel fantastic--just had the biggest run I've ever had today, too.  24 miles.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                                Emil Zatopek