1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

bhearn

Anyone going to use bhearn's pace strategy?

Well I'm planning to run a slight negative split again, but I probably won't use the paceband this year. This will be a 3:20ish fun run.

Are we there yet?

Anyone going to use bhearn's pace strategy?

Unfortunately no sub 2:55 in the cards this time.. but thanks for the pace band bhearn!! It won't go to waste..

That is the million dollar question.. What pace do you plan if you are uncertain of a goal time?!?

I'd like to see 1:29:29 @ half - just in case I'm feelin it comin off this injury BUT that could turn into a trainwreck...

Dopple please put me down for Grandma's 6.19.10 - sub 3.. as for Boston I have no flipping idea.. see log

The Boston Globe's marathon central page has lots of good stuff, the interactive map under "The Course" is pretty cool.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Adidas prints a two sided poster with every registered runner's name on it.  You get it at the expo, but it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I've got no idea what pace I'll be running or shooting for.  Training cycle didn't go as planned.

Thoughts?

A Saucy Wench

and the weather channel officially starts my weather freakout obsession.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

High 57 Low 45   ?

It'll be nice and nippy compared to the 80 degrees here in SC. 

The Thunder

Last tune-up done.  10k in 36:06.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Last tune-up done.  10k in 36:06.

Nice tune-up Thundah, you're on a roll.  If you don't blow up on Patriots Day you're gonna kick some serious asphalt.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

If you really want to freak out check out this thread over at RW.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

A Saucy Wench

If you really want to freak out check out this thread over at RW.

That is awesome.  I need to bookmark that so I can just check one page and get all 6 sources of freakout while he does all the work. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Week to go. Let's hear some predictions (aside from the weather.)

uncontrollable

Finished stuffing the marathon bags yesterday!  Got my lime fluorescent volunteer jacket.  Very happy to be tapering this week.  I am NOT looking at the weather until the night before.  I predict a very good day.

peace

I am NOT looking at the weather until the night before.

I predict MIssPratt will  look at the weather numerous times before Sunday, but won't bother to think about it much.  I bet it winds up being a nice day for a run, I'm thinking I'll finish somewhere between 3:15 and 3:20 if all goes well.

E.J.

mikeymike

Oh crap I guess I better figure out a spot for the swamp meet-up.

Runners run