1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

A Saucy Wench

Oh crap I guess I better figure out a spot for the swamp meet-up.

Yes, by Thursday please as I wont have much internet connection after that

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

5 days to go -  what's left to do besides a few light runs, travel to MA, and pilgrimage to Hopkinton on Monday?

I hope you had a good season of training. Let us know your bib# and goals. We'll be rooting for you.

tweak

shonan marathon, girl

MIKEYMIKE, pls. put up the SWAMP MEET-UP location BY wednesday night, APR 14TH

dont mean to rush you, but.........

i have come all the way from japan to run boston.  i have no pc, internet or cell with me. 

THANKS X0X0X0

next race SHONAN MARATHON nov 3rd, 2012, OSAKA MARATHON nov 25th, i am aiming for nyc!

xor

Smoochie.

Imminent Catastrophe

Don't pee on the lawns in Hopkinton.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

What about the shrubs are the shrubs OK? Or the tree's?  

Don't pee on the lawns in Hopkinton.
                  What about the shrubs are the shrubs OK? Or the tree's?

Yeah, mile one is a pretty popular spot.

Fastest pace of the day was these guys from the bus to the woods, note that they all have their official BAA gear bags over their shoulders.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm in!  This is my 2nd Boston and 5th marathon.  I'm hoping to break 4 hrs. and maybe run a PR.

Good luck to all my fellow RAers.

Bob

Right on Hereford...

Just checking in with 4 days to go. I've had a seriously tight and sore left TFL (hip) for the last couple months. Some days it's better than others. I'm just hoping it will not be an issue on race day.

Anyway, I got a great massage last night, wherein my wife SHREDDED my hip and legs. Wow, that was some pain. My wife does that for a living, by the way.

Today's run felt pretty good. 2 miles at marathon pace, ended up running around 6:30 pace, which is too fast, but I didn't really care. Felt smooth and in control.

Now it's time to pack and get this show on the road!

The Thunder

Just checking in with 4 days to go. I've had a seriously tight and sore left TFL (hip) for the last couple months. Some days it's better than others. I'm just hoping it will not be an issue on race day.

Anyway, I got a great massage last night, wherein my wife SHREDDED my hip and legs. Wow, that was some pain. My wife does that for a living, by the way.

Today's run felt pretty good. 2 miles at marathon pace, ended up running around 6:30 pace, which is too fast, but I didn't really care. Felt smooth and in control.

Now it's time to pack and get this show on the road!

Well if you want to stick with me....6:30 better be your MP. 

YOUGOTTHATRIGHT!!!!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Right on Hereford...

Well if you want to stick with me....6:30 better be your MP. 

YOUGOTTHATRIGHT!!!!

Is that for the first half, or the whole thing? Because my wife is convinced you are going to blow up BIG TIME.

I taunt because I care.

Is that for the first half, or the whole thing? Because my wife is convinced you are going to blow up BIG TIME.

Dakota has got a five star....!

((( i applause Mrs. Dakota)))

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

The Thunder

I taunt because I care.

Heh.

We'll see how things shake out.  If you're gonna dream...dream big. 

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Go for it, Thunder!