1 day to go (to Boston) (Read 3437 times)

Are we there yet?

Kil

21:15

Kil

42:30

Kil

1:03:45

Kil

1:25:00

Kil

1:46:15

Kil

2:07:30

Kil

2:28:45

Kil

2:50:00

Fin

2:59:21

if anybody needs this feel free 

If you're gonna dream...dream big.

Absolutely, sounds like you're taking a page from Lizzy's playbook.  You're on a roll Thundah, so keep it rolling.  Time to Meb up or shut up, so go big or go home.

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

flovesparko

Today's run felt pretty good. 2 miles at marathon pace, ended up running around 6:30 pace, which is too fast, but I didn't really care. Felt smooth and in control.

Hey Dakota,  my 2 miles at marathon pace today was also at 6:30 pace but did not feel very smooth.  I felt like there is no way in hell I can hold that for 26.  I hope after the hip massage, you will feel great by Monday.

mikeymike

It snowed a little this morning here in the Boston area.  As I was jogging home from a hill workout the cold rain turned to snow for a little bit.

I'm sure it will be perfect on Monday though!

Runners run

Imminent Catastrophe

It snowed a little this morning here in the Boston area.  As I was jogging home from a hill workout the cold rain turned to snow for a little bit.

You jog?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

kcam

I wonder how many poor souls from Europe will have to take a DNS?  Due to Volcano Eruption of all things.
              mikeymike

You jog?

Yes.  I'm a jogger.

Runners run

Purdey

Self anointed title

I wonder how many poor souls from Europe will have to take a DNS?  Due to Volcano Eruption of all things.

Unless things improve very quickly there will be a lot of DNS from the UK.  I don't think that mainland Europe is affected - just the UK.  It is like we are downwind of a particularly noxious fart.

Unless things improve very quickly there will be a lot of DNS from the UK.  I don't think that mainland Europe is affected - just the UK.  It is like we are downwind of a particularly noxious fart.

Simple then. Drive to France and catch another flight.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Simple then. Drive to France and catch another flight.

Good idea.  I'll do that. 

Hang on.... I'm not running Boston.

xor

Fart?  My man, that there has chunks.  Zeus took a big dump in your general direction.

Edited to add: I guess I should have said that Vulcan took the big dump.  But that would have been too logical.

Enjoy Boston, folks. 

Go that way, really fast.

If something gets in your way, turn.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Fart?  My man, that there has chunks.  Zeus took a big dump in your general direction.

Yep. Apparently it is made up of glass (?!)

Nice stories at Why I Run, and one of my favorites is by a 23 year old.  From the mouths of babes as they say.

I run because it is my sanctuary, where I feel so alive and calm at the same time. A place where I know my legs will keep on going, if only I don't let my mind get in the way. It's a place where six years ago two miles seemed daunting, but now I never want to forget the tears of exhaustion but more importantly the tears of joy that rolled down my cheeks as I crossed the finish line for my first marathon.

Sara DeLande

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Imminent Catastrophe

Yeah, it's a lot more than just the UK. This may last weeks. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Right on Hereford...

Hey Dakota,  my 2 miles at marathon pace today was also at 6:30 pace but did not feel very smooth.  I felt like there is no way in hell I can hold that for 26.  I hope after the hip massage, you will feel great by Monday.

Don't worry about it. Over on another forum (rw...cough, cough), a bunch of people were posting that their 2 @ MP run didn't feel as good as they expected, but that the same thing happened to them last year and they were fine in whatever marathon they were running.

Run strong...I will try to keep up!