Best Running & Racing Short For HOT weather... (Read 1443 times)

flatfootruns

One's that don't ride up in the middle...& not to short

Really? Not too short? Um the shorter the better, and then riding up isn't really a problem.

what lvleph said.

whatever you do, give those shorts in your avatar back to lebron.    

Yeah, don't be self conscious.

an amazing likeness

Nike Dri Fit has a bunch of different inseam lengths, up to the basketball look.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

what lvleph said.

whatever you do, give those shorts in your avatar back to lebron.    

That's funny. Mine are long too. 

what are lions?

save cheevers-  ay. borat. lmao

Slice

Thanks. You just made me lose my breakfast! BTW - I don't recommend Old Navy's running shorts. They're so short that it makes them bunch up in the crotch. I have now learned that just b/c running shorts are cheap doesn't mean I should buy 6 pairs.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Eastbay 1/2 splits have a two inch inseam, about as close to nekkid as you can get.  Well made and a good deal at $14.99.  Certainly not what the OP was looking for (doesn't meet the "not too short" criteria) but a great hot weather choice.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Eastbay 1/2 splits have a two inch inseam, about as close to nekkid as you can get.  Well made and a good deal at $14.99.  Certainly not what the OP was looking for (doesn't meet the "not too short" criteria) but a great hot weather choice.

+1 I actually have these in bright orange.

jules2

How about a running skirt?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

Jules2, show them how to make do with just the racing bib!

Runners run

Kalsarikännit

This is a non-issue at Bay to Breakers.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

One's that don't ride up in the middle...& not to short

"Not too short" is relative.  Although I prefer the old-school, 1"-2" inseam shorts, I have a couple pairs of Nike running shorts with 4" inseams.  A homophobic coworker that I run with ridicules me when I wear the "nuthuggers" but has never said anything about the 4" inseam shorts.  So I guess that's my definition of "not too short".  (FWIW, the Nikes run about $30 and wear like iron.)

Really, anything basketball short-like is going to be hotter than running shorts.  You just have to decide how much you care what other people think about your shorts.  Assuming they even bother to think anything about your shorts.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau