I missed my run (Read 803 times)

manix

Last night I stupidly went out and drank a few too many beers with my friends. This morning I felt like crap and ended up missing my planned 5 mile run. On Saturday I'm planning on running my last 10 mile long run before my may 3rd half marathon. Do you guys think I should run my 5 mile run tomorrow, or just take an extra day off this week. On the previous weeks I have always taken the day before my long runs off, so I don't know how I would feel if I ran the day before. I know that missing one run probably won't make any difference, but I feel terrible skipping a planned run. What do you guys think I should do?

an amazing likeness

Come on...you know the answer to this one.....unless you're hurt, log some miles. Any miles will help over a day off.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Run.

Menace to Sobriety

Today ain't over yet, so technically, you haven't missed "today's" run, so far. Go run later this evening.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

If you've been doing over 30 miles per week, just do the 5 the day before the 10. If you've been doing less than that per week, then maybe just run less than 5 miles, but it's not a big deal if you run some, especially since you took the previous day off anyway. Hey, if you can miss a day, then surely you can tweak your workouts on the days you do run.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Run...beer has lotsa calories, so now you have more reason to not miss your run. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Prince of Fatness

Run. And another thing. That's a lame excuse for missing a run. Running is a perfect cure for a hangover. Don't ask me how I know that.

Not at it at all. 

Missing one 5-mile run will not make one infinitely miniscule iota of difference in the grand scheme. If you think it will affect your long run, then skip it. If you think it won't, then run.

A Saucy Wench

Run. And another thing. That's a lame excuse for missing a run. Running is a perfect cure for a hangover. Don't ask me how I know that.
                    +1 It's also good for morning sickness I say run. Nothing says it HAS to be 5 or 0, if you are really afraid it will affect your long run, then run 3 instead of 5 or something Without seeing your log it is hard to say how much 5 is for you. But I almost always find that I feel better the day after running something than the day after running nothing. "Something" varies depending on if I am in shape or not.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Mitch & Pete's Mom

If you are old enough to drink beer, you are old enough to suffer through a couple of miles with a hangover.
                      Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

Exercise helps my hangovers

Queen of 3rd Place

You are now doomed to DNF your half. Seriously, whatever. Make it up if you want. Or don't. It's one freakin' workout. Next time, run with the hangover. Trust me.

Ex runner

Do you guys really think its a good cure? Last time I ran with a doozy of a hangover I just thought about puking for ten miles. I dont remember feeling too much better when I came back. Ah well, not that I would skip my run just for a workout, but I don't think it was a good cure. Then again, I think I've only drank more at the superbowl than that night hahaha!
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I once had a great 16 miler the morning after a wine tasting where we tasted too many wines. The first 8-12 miles were horrible. Then it was all good. Then I got back to my car and the tires were flat. After dropping the car off at the shop I got a bonus 2 miles as I ran home. By time I got home, I felt great!

Prince of Fatness

Do you guys really think its a good cure?
                                Well, I will say that it sucks while I am out running but once I am done I always feel better.

Not at it at all.