at another runner's forum site.. (Read 1924 times)

You've got it Chris......And I know that i have gotten a lot of GREAT advice from a lot of runners in RA aslo..and in the process, you really start to feel as if the people in here are also friends...
    Agreed. Strange but true. I never even met any of you but still I log onto my computer to check to see how folks did in their marathon. I think the general tone here is nice. People helping people... not so much "I know more about running than you... .and if you can't train like an elite athlete then you are doing it all wrong" stuff... I don't have extensive experience at other running forums... mostly because I make a few posts read a few things... find the site mindless garbage or just hate spewing madness and never return... there are a couple forums I read regularly this is the only one I post to very much... well because it is a great community...
      Agreed. Considering my "race" pace is slower than quite a few people's easy pace on this site I have been amazed at how easy it is to feel welcome here. The better runners often have better advice but us third tier runners sometimes have decent comments or tips for new runners since we are closer to that level. So it all seems to work nicely.

Feeling the growl again

What running magazine website has enough viewers accomplished enough at running to justify being elitist snobs??? Most runners like that toss those rags in the recycle bin. Most of the people who come onto message boards and act like elitist snobs are not truthful about what they have actually accomplished in racing or coaching.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Most of the people who come onto message boards and act like elitist snobs are not truthful about what they have actually accomplished in racing or coaching.
          What I appreciate the most about RA is the fact that people like you spaniel, or other very, very experienced runners are willing to spend a lot of time giving advice about how they reached <3:00, or="" in="" your="" case=""></3:00,><2:30 in order for the average joe to improve their running. and, on top of that, it's not a "this is impossible for you idea..." but it's a "this is possible for you, it might take a while, but don't get hurt, we care about you..." mentality. the other bad thing about ra, is it hinders me from doing productive things. like working. or sleeping. but it does get me out the door to run. honestly, thanks all guys. in="" order="" for="" the="" average="" joe="" to="" improve="" their="" running.="" and,="" on="" top="" of="" that,="" it's="" not="" a="" "this="" is="" impossible="" for="" you="" idea..."="" but="" it's="" a="" "this="" is="" possible="" for="" you,="" it="" might="" take="" a="" while,="" but="" don't="" get="" hurt,="" we="" care="" about="" you..."="" mentality.="" the="" other="" bad="" thing="" about="" ra,="" is="" it="" hinders="" me="" from="" doing="" productive="" things.="" like="" working.="" or="" sleeping.="" but="" it="" does="" get="" me="" out="" the="" door="" to="" run.="" honestly,="" thanks="" all="" guys.=""></2:30 in order for the average joe to improve their running. and, on top of that, it's not a "this is impossible for you idea..." but it's a "this is possible for you, it might take a while, but don't get hurt, we care about you..." mentality. the other bad thing about ra, is it hinders me from doing productive things. like working. or sleeping. but it does get me out the door to run. honestly, thanks all guys. >
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The other bad thing about RA, is it hinders me from doing productive things. Like working. Or sleeping. But it does get me out the door to run. Honestly, thanks all guys.
            *nods*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Feeling the growl again

What I appreciate the most about RA is the fact that people like you spaniel, or other very, very experienced runners are willing to spend a lot of time giving advice about how they reached <3:00, or="" in="" your="" case=""></3:00,><2:30 in="" order="" for="" the="" average="" joe="" to="" improve="" their="" running.="" and,="" on="" top="" of="" that,="" it's="" not="" a="" "this="" is="" impossible="" for="" you="" idea..."="" but="" it's="" a="" "this="" is="" possible="" for="" you,="" it="" might="" take="" a="" while,="" but="" don't="" get="" hurt,="" we="" care="" about="" you..."="" mentality.="" the="" other="" bad="" thing="" about="" ra,="" is="" it="" hinders="" me="" from="" doing="" productive="" things.="" like="" working.="" or="" sleeping.="" but="" it="" does="" get="" me="" out="" the="" door="" to="" run.="" honestly,="" thanks="" all=""></2:30>
              I love this sport and helping other people learn to love it too. It's done great things in my life and taught me important lessons and lacking the time to coach it's nice to live a bit of that vicarioiusly here. Life is too short to spend on boards where everybody is nasty.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

the beginners forum at said website is friendly. Lots of helpful people, some of them may be here too.
                  I agree as a starting runner...this site has helped me so much
                  2009 Goals (nobody laugh) Run 800 miles or more Run 12 or more 5ks Run 2 10ks Get 5k times in 25's Run a 3 miler in 24:29 or less Run in HM in October

Outside Lane

The forums at runnersworld.com appear to be imploding after a recent "upgrade" - maybe we will get a new influx of runners here....

See how they run...

xor

The forums at runnersworld.com appear to be imploding after a recent "upgrade" - maybe we will get a new influx of runners here....
                      They've gotten a bit better over the last couple days. Still not great, but better. Contrast this with what many of us went through a little over a year ago with good ol' Active.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

They've gotten a bit better over the last couple days. Still not great, but better. Contrast this with what many of us went through a little over a year ago with good ol' Active.
                        At least the RWOL folks aren't losing their logs...the log is the most stable part of that site. Wonder why...? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

At least the RWOL folks aren't losing their logs...the log is the most stable part of that site. Wonder why...? Evil grin
                          Because they don't know how to modify it? Big grin
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Because they don't know how to modify it? Big grin
                            Bwahahahahaaaa!!! Big grin Evil grinWink

~ Sarah Kay