What's your response to this? (Read 775 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

The Great Gig in the Sky.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

FANTASTIC album. The lunatic... is in my head...

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

Wingz

Professional Noob

What, you mean it's not a symbolic statement that there's a little bit of gay in all of us? Wink Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

Relocated NE

Purchased twice on vinal and 1 CD.
            Mishka-old log

Big grin I was listening to that on the way to work this morning. Great album. I've only owned it for less than a year. A travesty, I know. I like the Syd Barrett stuff better though. KIDDING! Calm down, globule.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

<--- does not like pink floyd *runs and hides from globule and the angry horde* does="" not="" like="" pink="" floyd="" *runs="" and="" hides="" from="" globule="" and="" the="" angry=""></--- does not like pink floyd *runs and hides from globule and the angry horde*>

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

We aren't in Kansas anymore.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

<--- does="" not="" like="" pink=""></--->
                    Has not consumed the appropriate substances while listening to Pink Floyd (the better to "decode" it).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Has not consumed the appropriate substances while listening to Pink Floyd (the better to "decode" it).
                      Maybe that's it. Never liked "herb," never tried anything else. Only like alcomahol.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

<--- does="" not="" like="" pink="" floyd="" *runs="" and="" hides="" from="" globule="" and="" the="" angry=""></--->
                        Okay, time for an intervention. If you haven't ever done so, do the following: Get a hold of a copy of "Dark Side of the Moon." (You know, "borrow" it from someone). Set aside 47 minutes or so. Find a quiet place where you won't be interrupted. Listen to it from start to finish through a pair of a good headphones (this is essential -- preferably the kind that cover your ears, as opposed to crappy earbuds). If you aren't impressed, then Pink Floyd is simply not for you. And there will be nothing I can do to protect you from the angry horde. MTA: because I will be leading the horde. Tongue

<--- does="" not="" like="" pink="" floyd="" *runs="" and="" hides="" from="" globule="" and="" the="" angry=""></--->
                          *plugs ears and sings lalalalala* Pink Floyd happens to be one of my FAVORITE bands and can't imagine ANY GOOD reason why anyone wouldn't like them Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Okay, time for an intervention. If you haven't ever done so, do the following: Get a hold of a copy of "Dark Side of the Moon." (You know, "borrow" it from someone). Set aside 47 minutes or so. Find a quiet place where you won't be interrupted. Listen to it from start to finish through a pair of a good headphones (this is essential -- preferably the kind that cover your ears, as opposed to crappy earbuds). If you aren't impressed, then Pink Floyd is simply not for you. And there will be nothing I can do to protect you from the angry horde.
                            Ditto this! BTW I used to listen to that album to get myself relaxed to go to sleep at night Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Owning a VCS doesn't even make PF cool. I have stopped listening to any band that covers The Wall. (Okay, I have made a few exceptions on that one!) Anyways, I'd rather listen to country music. Big grin

Vim

colinw

Dark Side of the Moon is one of the greatest concept albums ever. Pink Floyd is incredibly influential in rock and psychedelic music, and David Gilmour's guitar style is unique and hasn't ever been imitated. They are true pioneers. The use of sound effects, synths, and other tools for such an early recording (1972) is nothing short of amazing. People would have trouble putting together something so complex with the modern fancy computer tools studios have today. Pink Floyd was at its peak in the 1970s starting with Meddle, then Dark Side, then Wish You Were Here, then Animals, closing out 1979 with the Wall, not to mention a couple of unqiue Soundtracks. An amazing span of releases in about 8-9 years. Some people hate Pink Floyd, but you really need to listen through their catalog a few times to understand and appreciate it. You absolutely do NOT have to indulge in any sort of alcohol or checmical mind altering substances to enjoy and appreciate the music or the genious it is. So my long winded response to you question - One of the greatest rockalbums in history, and well deserved place as one of the best selling albums ever. I own 23 versions of this- multiple CDs,gold, remastered, box sets,imports from all overthe world,vinyl, original pressing vinyl complete with poster and stickers!!, clear vinyl from Japan, etc

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14