RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Star sapphires are neat. My grandma (dad's mom) had a bunch of star sapphire jewelry. I think I will eventually inherit a few pieces. I like that she had them set in white gold, too, as I am not a yellow gold person. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

another good movie tonight...The Last King of Scotland. Wow. i don't know if i'll be able to shake my mind of the images on the screen.... forest whitaker was awesome, showing both the charismatic and psychotic sides of amin.....i think he is one of the most underrated actors of our time...
      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

James Cromwell lost his sweet sensitive Babe side to become Prince Phillip, which he also did well....
        Love James Cromwell. "Have you a valeditcion, boy-o?"

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Love James Cromwell. "Have you a valeditcion, boy-o?"
          What movie is that from (Shawshank Redemption?)? He has played some tougher characters over the years, but Farmer Hogget is still my fave.

~ Sarah Kay

i think he is one of the most underrated actors of our time...
            I'll have to agree with you there.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

What movie is that from
              L.A. Confidential. Great film. It's easy to diss Titanic now, but truth be told, L.A. Confidential should have won best picture for 1997. Amazing ensemble cast with Crowe, Cromwell, Pearce, Spacey, Bassinger, et al. SPOILER: Guy Pearce's eye/facial expression when he realizes that Dudley (Cromwell) killed Vincennes (Spacey) is one of the single best bits of acting that I've ever seen. Anywhere.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Finally saw the latest POTC installment. I liked it. I thought it was better than the second one, even though it rambled and went off in a lot of directions at once. Still had a good ending. I wonder if they will make more. I know this is *supposed* to be the last one and Orlando Bloom doesn't seem to have interest in more, but Johnny Depp seems willing to keep the franchise going. Not sure how they would do that without Will Turner, though... k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

would it be easy to follow for someone who hasn't seen the first 2? hey, btw, stay safe up there...just took a peek at the radar- it's gonna be a naaaasty night tonight...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

would it be easy to follow for someone who hasn't seen the first 2? hey, btw, stay safe up there...just took a peek at the radar- it's gonna be a naaaasty night tonight...
                    I wouldn't try to watch any of them without seeing the first...too much back story and inside jokes that you would miss. Definitely rent 1 & 2 first. Yeah, we're excited and nervous about the potential storms. I hope we get plenty of rain, though...it is so dry! k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

I wouldn't try to watch any of them without seeing the first...too much back story and inside jokes that you would miss. Definitely rent 1 & 2 first. k
                      we have some flicks to return to blockbuster...maybe i'll make sunday a POTC day! Smile kinda half hoping this storm pans out- our blue car is in sucky shape these days. Got it parked under the tree...hopefully mother nature will be kind and put it out of its misery! lol Getting nervous about the weather though- this air is really juicy tonight...
                      shyrunner07

did your parents and grant make it through okay? I can't believe the SPC actually had a "high risk" put out! When i saw that it was over WI, i thought of your family....
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I haven't heard anything...generally they are pretty sheltered up in their peninsula. The Green Bay seems to absorb a lot of bad weather. I'm going to put out an e-mail for my brother to see how he fared in the greater Chi-town area. BTW, did you guys get much in the way of bad weather? I don't think we did. I didn't wake to anything and the plants that were droopy and needing a good rain still look droopy this AM, so I have the hose out right now. k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

that's awesome that they didn't get too much from the storms! Smile we got zip down here too....i think we got one quick burst of rain, if that. No branches/trees down (bummer, we're still stuck with Big Blue! lol)- just lots of leaves, but the grounds crew will be out on wednesday and will get those anyway.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

we got zip down here too....i think we got one quick burst of rain, if that. No branches/trees down (bummer, we're still stuck with Big Blue! lol)- just lots of leaves, but the grounds crew will be out on wednesday and will get those anyway.
                              Yeah, we got a TON of little branches littering our yard--think your ground crew would like to take a trip up this way...? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

heh, i don't think you'd want them....they're kinda flighty and seem to be hit or miss in what they do (sometimes, they can get the job done really quickly...other times, they drag it out all day long, and wind up knocking over shit or whatnot). Their only redeeming factor is that their name is Dykstra (no joke! Big grin)! back to the topic at hand....guess what flick was on HBO last night? "Slither" Tongue