First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

So this is South of the Edgebrook METRA station, right?  Yes, lot's of people during the evening rush hour have walked on the path on the other side of the fence to catch the #84 bus.  Never a ticket issued to anyone. Cops (Chicago & METRA) have done nothing.  Talk about selective enforcement!

Before I was ticketed, I ran on that same path, more times than I can possibly remember.  This had to be a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Not to mention running into the wrong cop too.

Gawd, what an ugly train that is too

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=N+Caldwell+Ave,+Chicago,+IL,+USA&hl=en&ll=41.996976,-87.765576&spn=0.000886,0.002064&sll=41.64444,-87.686863&sspn=0.113527,0.264187&oq=north+&t=h&hnear=N+Caldwell+Ave,+Chicago,+Cook,+Illinois,+United+States&z=20&layer=c&cbll=41.996876,-87.765529&panoid=qSZN-fRRnAgyBSgwbWwjbg&cbp=12,129.38,,0,11.4

That's typical of Chicagoland public transportation.  It's just a way to get from here to there to them.  The last time public transportation impressed me was long ago when I used San Francisco's rail system.  Back then it had a clean and fresher approach than anything in Chicago.  And what you just saw there was the Metra train.  It's actually nice, compared to Chicago's El Train. Which was made infamous in the Blues Brothers.  And it hasn't changed much since then. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S65lJGs7YC8

Anyhow I talked to my lawyer, and he's just as outraged as I am about what they're putting me through.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I know a guy.  ...

My Cousin Vinny always willing to help.  "The two youts were running this far from the track, your honor..."

"Whats a yout?"

(I hope these images weren't lost on the younger generation who may not know of this movie...:-)

OMG, this just made this awesome thread even more awesome!  :applause:

Kalsarikännit

That's typical of Chicagoland public transportation.  It's just a way to get from here to there 

I'm pretty sure that getting from here to there is the basic purpose of all transportation.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

I'm pretty sure that getting from here to there is the basic purpose of all transportation.

It just sucks more in Chicago.  And the Metra cops don't make it any better.

L Train

It just sucks more in Chicago. 

This should be on the side of cabs and on the new scoreboard at Wrigley.

Kalsarikännit

the new scoreboard at Wrigley.

THERE IS NO NEW SCOREBOARD AT WRIGLEY!

L Train

Kalsarikännit

It just sucks more in Chicago.  

I travel all over this country. Trust me, 99% of the country does not have better public transportation than Chicago. How many people on this running board can just head out their front door, walk a block or two, and have a bus or train that picks them up within ten minutes to shoot them downtown. Public transportation in all but a very few cities in this country is God-awful to non-existent.

And why did I just answer a troll?

Sorry, it's inevitable.

Could be, with the way the Cub's owner is looking to find anywhere to put up more billboards, he just might want to replace the old scoreboard with something smaller and install billboards in the new found space.

Kalsarikännit

Sorry, it's inevitable.

I will take a wrecking ball to the old ball yard first.

I will take a wrecking ball to the old ball yard first.

It couldn't hurt, given the Cubs haven't won one World Series in 99 years at Wrigley.

And why did I just answer a troll?

Two more answers and you get to cross the bridge.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Now we're getting somewhere with this thread.

It couldn't hurt, given the Cubs haven't won one World Series in 99 years at Wrigley.