GPS Import : Multi Sport (Read 702 times)

Somehow one of my bike entries got flagged as "multi-sport" and now doesn't import.  It would be good if you either supported multi-sport; or at least allowed us to import it.

b

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

eric :)

brantcarter,

Multisport should be imported.  The problem is that the log doesn't support multisport.  Instead, they're broken up into their individual disciplines.

HermosaBoy

brantcarter,

Multisport should be imported.  The problem is that the log doesn't support multisport.  Instead, they're broken up into their individual disciplines.

Eric,

How does that work?

If you import a multi-sport, does it automatically parse it into the different sports?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Bike99

Do I look important?

I have a F305, always upload my runs or bikes into RA via GPS Import.

I have a bike/run race this weekend and so today did a test run to see if RA would read the data.  I try to import it and the import feature continues to say "there are no new data". 

Any ideas, is this a glitch that RA can't import multisport?

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

I did some testing.  Multisport is working correctly, at least in my scenario.  After uploading, I got 3 entries: run, bike, other, which make up the multisport entry.  Maybe there's more than one way to create a multisport workout.  How are you guys create it with your Forerunner?
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Interesting...I haven't yet used the multi-sport feature on my Garmin, but I have one race set-up that has run-trans-bike-trans-run.  I've been debating not using that feature on race day (for the time being) and simply switching modes between events (fast to do if one holds down the mode button until the menu screen shows).  I'm not super concerned about transition time, yet, anyhow, plus my chip will keep track of that and my individual legs.  I'm mostly just wanted the data on the fly.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

In my last test it didn't show up as a "new" entry; but did when I downloaded all of them.

b

Goals: 20:00 5K, 3:30 Marathon, Finish Marathon, 4:00 Marathon, Finish IronMan, 45:00 10K

I noticed this too.  I'm not sure why Garmin Communicator did not recognize them as new.  I'll have to investigate.
                  Bike99

Do I look important?

Thanks for looking into it Eric.  I tried a new multisport entry today, again 'there are no new data" unfortunately.  The tcx file is 1.52mb, so there's definitely data there.  Even garmin connect isnt reading it today though.  I could just blame vista and launch this computer from the balcony Smile

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

Hi guys,

I found and fixed the problem.  You should be able to upload multisport entries without having to import everything.

eric :-)