Binders Full of Women (Read 1251 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So, theDroppingDead, your cartoon is to illustrate your opinion of women?  

I'm sure TDD loves women as much as he loves all the rest of us regulars.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

So, theDroppingDead, your cartoon is to illustrate your opinion of women?  

Fooey, I missed it.

TheDroppingDead

I'm sure TDD loves women as much as he loves all the rest of us regulars.

What a general assumption.

Hawt and sexy

Oh. Y'all have a new whipping boy? How cute.

I'm touching your pants.

#artbydmcbride

Prosperity before Entity

Runners run

TheDroppingDead

Prosperity before Entity

Serial Runner
              xor

Will Run for Cereal

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In Soviet Russia cereal runs you.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

If you have celiacs, cereal gives you the runs

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

From a woman who worked for him

His point was that as Governor, he made an extra effort to hire women.   How is that disrespectful? At least he doesn't think women are only concerned about free contraceptives. 

xor

This is why discussing politics here sucks.

We could have had a good discussion about why the term "binders full of women" is goofy and what the candidate really thinks, but then you had to add that bit on the end.  Which is also not true.  (wait, actually it is true.  That candidate assuredly doesn't think that.  Neither does the other candidate.)

So what's the point?

xhristopher

Prosperity before Entity

Ya know, for the first couple days I kept seeing "Prosperity before Eternity," which I sorta figured out but lately I keep seeing "Prosperity before Entropy," which is almost as weird as "Prosperity before Entity."

Thanks for cleaning it up there Mr. Srlopez. Haha!

The point was about the actual political issue.  The question Romney was answering was about inequalities in the workplace. He hired women to work for him - more women than was typical - because he thought that was important.  It was his demonstrated record showing how he had addressed inequality in the workplace.  I'll agree the memes are funny. He didn't explain it in the most articulate way.

And I'll agree with you that Obama probably doesn't think the only issue for women is free contraceptives.

I didn't hide my bias very well, did I? I'm sure you've never had a problem with that though, so I'll strive to be more like you.

This is why discussing politics here sucks.

We could have had a good discussion about why the term "binders full of women" is goofy and what the candidate really thinks, but then you had to add that bit on the end.  Which is also not true.  (wait, actually it is true.  That candidate assuredly doesn't think that.  Neither does the other candidate.)

So what's the point?

No Talent Drips

Or this

And love the "probably".

The question Romney was answering was about inequalities in the workplace. He hired women to work for him - more women than was typical - because he thought that was important.  It was his demonstrated record showing how he had addressed inequality in the workplace.  

And I'll agree with you that Obama probably doesn't think the only issue for women is free contraceptives.

Dei Gratia

#artbydmcbride

The binder comment matters for these reasons:

-In 25 years of business, Mitt couldn't think of a qualifed woman for his cabinet on his own.
                                -It's another demonstration of not viewing/thinking of women as actual PEOPLE, but a group of something, something that is different from himself. 
                                -He lied about seeing a problem and therefore "seeking out" qualified women.  A bipartisan group called MassGAP created the lists of qualifed women before the election and asked both candidates to sign pledges they'd seek out women to hire.

" He hired women to work for him - more women than was typical"  uh no....he had less women working for him than the previous governor.

Runners run