Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

My first 100-mile month since last summer, when I cranked up the mileage too quickly then hurt myself. Got started earlier this year, slowly ramped up the mileage on the treadmill and outside, and bam! today with a 15.7 mile run I passed the century mark!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My first 100-mile month since last summer, when I cranked up the mileage too quickly then hurt myself. Got started earlier this year, slowly ramped up the mileage on the treadmill and outside, and bam! today with a 15.7 mile run I passed the century mark!

Congrats!

I needed 11 miles to reach 100.

7 miles 4:10 AM

4 miles 7:10 PM

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I started running after my first divorce after 20 years of being married. She is a good woman and mother. I have three fantastic adult children. I ran 21 marathons starting after I got divorced. I had never ran before that, but at least it was a positive change. I thought I could get married again, but it didn't work. After two years married I am getting divorced again. I have continued to find solace in running. I am now 58 and I hope to resume running marathons. My independence is both a curse and a blessing. Everyone who has been close to me has been a good person, and I have been blessed to know both my wives. I continue to learn who I am and I hope I never again hurt anyone else. Running is good.

Zaphod

President of the Galaxy

Today I ran the fastest mile I've run since I got out of the army more than 20 years ago, and close to my fastest ever. I was doing mile repeats on the track this morning and my first two splits were 7:34 and 7:30. yay me. For the record, I'm 46 and have only been running for a little more than a year (and only running with a plan since January) after a 20+ year layoff that largely involved me sitting on my ass and getting fat.

Today I ran the fastest mile I've run since I got out of the army more than 20 years ago, and close to my fastest ever. I was doing mile repeats on the track this morning and my first two splits were 7:34 and 7:30. yay me. For the record, I'm 46 and have only been running for a little more than a year (and only running with a plan since January) after a 20+ year layoff that largely involved me sitting on my ass and getting fat.

Great job!  So nice to see progress even after time slips by...Smile

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

zonykel

Yesterday was the first time I completed 50+ miles in a week. Crossing my fingers I can stay consistent in this training cycle.

Mostly harmless

I ran a shorter run than I planned. It was a wise decision and my ankle is thanking me for it!!  My victory was listening to myself and being able to run another day Smile

+1. My knee.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Master of Inconsistency

I would like to say I'm doing well too ,but it seems every time I get going lately something else rears it's ugly head . I would go on a rant but then I would be labeled a whiner . My ego couldn't take such a hit so I'll sulk instead .  BTW : Fuck my Hamstring !

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

Cool Jump Suit

I'm turning 40 yo in two days and decided to celebrate early with a 40 mile run today.  By far my longest single run!  The last 10 miles were brutal, but I made it.  Never have I only wanted to be 30 yo more.  HAPPY DAY!!

So bittersweet,
                    This tragedy
                    Won't ask for absolution;
                    This melody,
                    Inside of me,
                    Still searches for solution.
                    A twist of faith,
                    A change of heart
                    Cures my infatuation.
                    A broken heart, 
                    Provides the spark
                    For my determination.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm turning 40 yo in two days and decided to celebrate early with a 40 mile run today.  By far my longest single run!  The last 10 miles were brutal, but I made it.  Never have I only wanted to be 30 yo more.  HAPPY DAY!!

Whoa, that's not gonna happen for me, but congrats on the birthday and on the run!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations and Happy B-day!!!

steph  

Cool Jump Suit

Thanks you guys!

So bittersweet,
                          This tragedy
                          This melody,
                          Inside of me,
                          A twist of faith,
                          A change of heart
                          Cures my infatuation.
                          A broken heart, 
                          Provides the spark
                          For my determination.

happy birthday & great job!!  40 miles is a loooong way!

I broke 100 miles for June on run this morning.   that makes 48 consecutive 100 mile months since July 2009.  not fast or flashy but at least  I'm consistent

Cool Jump Suit

Thanks!  Awesome job and keep up the good work!!

happy birthday & great job!!  40 miles is a loooong way!

I broke 100 miles for June on run this morning.   that makes 48 consecutive 100 mile months since July 2009.  not fast or flashy but at least  I'm consistent

So bittersweet,
                              This tragedy
                              This melody,
                              Inside of me,
                              A twist of faith,
                              A change of heart
                              Cures my infatuation.
                              A broken heart, 
                              Provides the spark
                              For my determination.

Ran my first 20 miler today, and it felt good!  This also gave me 80 miles on the week and put me over the 2,000 mark for the year, all firsts.  Pretty cool.