Kudos to Zappos.com (Read 804 times)

I know that Zappos is a well known and widely used site, but this was my first experience with them. I have been looking for Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 shoes in my size without success (they've been discontinued for the GTS 8.) I checked out Zappos, and not only did they have them in stock in my size, they were $15 cheaper than anywhere else I found them. So... I placed the order with free shipping, to boot. I placed the order at 9:45 PM. In my email inbox this morning are two emails from Zappos - one at 12:42 AM saying that they expedited my order, even though I requested standard (4-5 business days) shipping. The second email was at 2:28 AM saying that my order had shipped, and they provided the UPS tracking number. Wow... that's service. This may be old news to those who have used Zappos, but I'm pretty impressed at this point. We all bitch and moan about bad service, so I want to give some good word of mouth advertising to a company that appears to truly believe in customer service. I will definitely be a return customer.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jeff, I have always heard good things about Zappos, too. Never have ordered from them, since it always seems like I find the things I look for elsewhere for cheaper, though I do believe Zappos will price-match, which is cool. Here is a thread you might be interested in, too. etailers

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

Zappos is the bomb, fo sho. I find that they're usually 5 bucks more than everywhere else, but I don't mind paying it since I get my shoes the next day. They used to have free standard overnight shipping on everything, but they've done away with it. Although now, everytime you order they end up expediting it and then you feel special. I ordered a pair of golf shoes last month at 9pm EST and had them by lunch time the next day. I have no idea how they did that.
        pitrunner

Jeff, I have always heard good things about Zappos, too. Never have ordered from them, since it always seems like I find the things I look for elsewhere for cheaper, though I do believe Zappos will price-match, which is cool. Here is a thread you might be interested in, too. etailers
          They used to give an unlimited 110% price match guarantee, then they changed it so you could only use it once a month. Now I'm not sure if they offer it at all. That part really sucks, since, as I said above, they're usually higher than other places. I've started shopping more at endless.com, shoes.com, and piperlime.com. All have free shipping and returns. My shoes are very important to me Big grin
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My shoes are very important to me Big grin
            Preachin' to the choir around here... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another happy Zappos customer here. There prices are usually a bit higher than you can find elsewhere, and they don't price match anymore, but the service is always above and beyond. When they did the price-match, you had to call in to get it done, and everyone on the phone was always unfailingly pleasant and helpful. I have also noticed that they seem to have more backstock of discontinued shoes than anywhere else does. They still have some NB's (661) I had before that were discontinued a couple of years ago.
              Brandon
                Another happy Zappos customer here. There prices are usually a bit higher than you can find elsewhere, and they don't price match anymore, but the service is always above and beyond. When they did the price-match, you had to call in to get it done, and everyone on the phone was always unfailingly pleasant and helpful. I have also noticed that they seem to have more backstock of discontinued shoes than anywhere else does. They still have some NB's (661) I had before that were discontinued a couple of years ago.
                Brandon, I feel like I hit the jackpot. I found the discontinued shoes I wanted, and for cheaper than the other sites I checked. Amber, I agree with you that I don't mind paying a couple of extra bucks for the service that I'm getting, even though that's not the case this time. Plus, the free shipping probably makes up for the (sometimes costly) shipping charges that other companies tack on. I also like the "expediting your order" strategy. It's a great idea - use it as standard practice, but send the email saying that you took extra steps. Everybody wins - the customer feels special as you mentioned, and the company gets great PR, without any additional cost to anyone. Brilliant.

colinw

Zappos looks like a great online store, but they don't seem to have my brand of shoes (Asics) in their Canadian version of their store. I don't know why the Canadian store is so limited. Anyone know of good online Canadian running shoe retailers?

5k PR - 26:27 | 10k PR - ??? | HM PR - 2:09:14

Bringing closure to a great experience. I got home from work today, and my shoes were waiting for me. I sent an email to Zappos Customer Service thanking them. How they did it, I don't know. From online order to at my door in less than 18 hours... with free standard shipping chosen. The best part... they were the right shoes, and they fit, too!! Big grin

I checked Zappos to compare. They had GTS 7's at $89 and GTS 8's at $99. In case you are not familiar with this one: HOLABIRDSPORTS.COM #1 They're out of GTS 7's, but their GTS 8's sell for $77.95. Their delivery is within 2-3 days for me, and free! I can not find a better deal, unless it's RUNNINGWAREHOUSE.COM or a smaller PARAGONSPORTS.COM.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

The young Mama Bear!

They're fantastic. Excellent selection, speedy shipping. Seriously - I think I got the shoes I ordered maybe 2 days after, and that's just regular shipping. That's what I call service. Big grin
                        Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                        Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                          Zappos looks like a great online store, but they don't seem to have my brand of shoes (Asics) in their Canadian version of their store. I don't know why the Canadian store is so limited. Anyone know of good online Canadian running shoe retailers?
                          Colinw, why don't you email them? I can't imagine that they either wouldn't carry them, or wouldn't try to make some arrangements to ship across the border. Sorry, I can't help you with any Canadian retailers...

Half Fanatic #846

Another good Zappos story - Night before last I went online to order running shoes from Zappos, but they were out of my size 12's for that model. So I emailed them and they responded with these two suggestions: 1. Step-by-step instructions on how to get on their customer alert list for notification when my size became available, OR (and this is a pretty big "or")... 2. In case I want the shoes right away, a direct link to a competitor who has my shoe in my size and in stock, at the same price! Surprised Shocked Yes Cool Big grin OK, I can wait a few days - now I really want them to have my business! Big grin Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

I think they're a great company but I can usually find whatever I'm looking for cheaper somewhere else. That said, I'll sometimes order a bunch of non-running shoes at once to pick one or two as keepers. I figure it's cool to pay more in this case. I got annoyed though, to find one of my favorite makers of shoes, Simple, sells their shoes cheaper on their own site after I'd bought them from Zappos. They don't do price matching anymore. As for running shoes, pRED listed my favorite stores, Runningwarehouse and Holabird.