Hot toddy....can I make it with rum? (Read 864 times)

I can't do whiskey--yuck.

And will it actually make me feel better? I mean, besides just being drunk? I've got some chest congestion and coughing. Please don't tell me to take Mucinex.  That stuff makes me feel genuinely crazy.

If anyone has a favorite recipe, I'd love to see it. Thanks. Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Rum: yes

Feel better: briefly

They are good for helping you sleep.

If you have a tight chest and cough, consider checking with a doc.

Recipe:

12 oz tumbler, fill with:

2-3 tbs honey or sugar

1 1/2 oz lemon juice

1 1/2 oz spirit of choice

Piping Hot water to fill the tumbler

I prefer rum or bourbon

Thanks. Smile

It doesn't feel tight, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. One of the daycare kids had the same symptoms last week, so I'm pretty sure I picked it up from him. He was checked out by his doctor. I'll see mine over the weekend if it doesn't improve.

Stacks

Rum is OK.  Consider taking a slice of lemon peel, punching a couple of cloves through it, and throwing it in.  Or a cinnamon stick.

SMART Approach

Ha! I immediately thought you were talking to me as Hot Toddys are the name of my fantasy football teams........I know nothing about the drink Joking

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...the best thing about having a cold is having a legit excuse for a hot toddy!  One of the beautiful things about growing up in WI is that it is/was legal for a parent to serve alcohol to his/her kid.  Once we were teenagers my dad would fix us hot toddies when we were really sick.  Those things were like magic.  That combo of ingredients really help to loosen up the lungs and sinuses and help with the body aches.  I can't legally fix these for my own kid, since I now live in a repressed state. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

"run" "2" "eat"

mother often fed us kids hot toddies, but i don't remember ever having a cold.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Proof they worked.

"run" "2" "eat"

are you stalking me?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My folks used to rub blackberry brandy on our gums when we were teething.  I think they would take a shot or two at the same time. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mr Play

Rum is the answer.

What was the question?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"run" "2" "eat"

"stalk"

heh

I guess I should wait till all the daycare kids go home before I make one. Wink Actually, we are camping out in a canyon tonight, so I'm looking forward to having one or two of these outside before hitting the sack (air mattress).