Texas Independence Relay (Read 3309 times)

Modal. Love to do this. You've got mail. Jeff
    And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
    obsessor

Modal, I sent you an e-mail yesterday... 12:21 pm, and didn't use my R.A. handle, so you may not have known who it was from. In any case, I'm in. Sending the check before the end of the week. Jeff and I discussed this yesterday, and I think we would be able to pick up the van in Houston, in order to avoid renting a car. Tentatively anyhow. Something to keep in mind. Derek
      AroundTheHorn

Shit, I better get my ass in gear. Seems like we have a few ringers here. Isn't the team full by now?
        Roads, where we're going we don't need any....roads.
          Shit, I better get my ass in gear. Seems like we have a few ringers here. Isn't the team full by now?
          Tell me about it. My days of slacking must come to an end. Just in time for winter. Nice. Undecided I think we might have room for one or two more. Although I bet we can make do with where we stand right now.

Michelle

Isn't the team full by now?
            2 spots still open. I'd like to get some more RAers. By the way, Mississippi was the first (and currently the only) one who I received a check from. She's on the ball.

Vim

Non ducor, duco.

Candice C. says she might be interested. I added her to the doc.
                2 spots still open. I'd like to get some more RAers. By the way, Mississippi was the first (and currently the only) one who I received a check from. She's on the ball.
                And it cleared too. Will wonders ever cease? Big grin

Michelle

And it cleared too. Will wonders ever cease? Big grin
                  How are you getting there? And if by car room for one more??? BTW How much is this thing? Oh and how far will I have to run??

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

How are you getting there? And if by car room for one more??? BTW How much is this thing? Oh and how far will I have to run??
                    Was thinking of flying - but I hate flying (really really hate it)...so driving is my choice. Smile I have a mini-van, of course I have room. Hey, if I drive does that mean one less van we'd have to rent? My soccer mom van would do the trick...it might not appreciate me afterwards but that's okay.

Michelle

Candice C. says she might be interested. I added her to the doc.
                      ADD ME!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

How are you getting there?
                        Are you entertaining the idea of joining now? Awesome! I marked you down. Shoot me an email and I'll send you an address to mail your check to.
                        BTW How much is this thing?
                        Roughly estimating $200-250 per runner Entry fee, communal stuff, vans, and cheap hotel for march 6th
                        Oh and how far will I have to run??
                        Total leg lengths will be from 13-20 miles 12 runners means 4 people will run 4 legs and the other 8 will run 3.
                        Hey, if I drive does that mean one less van we'd have to rent?
                        I don't think that's a good idea.

Vim

I'd be getting there thanks to Mississippi! 250 Gotcha. Is that how much I need to send a check for? I'm up for 4 laps or 3 laps depending on if you have faster peeps willing to do the 4 laps Smile

obsessor

I'll 2nd that on not driving your own van. I've been in 2 relays. I can practically guarantee it will get slightly ripe. You never notice, because it comes on gradually... Maybe muddy. Dusty, dirty. I'd be happy to run 4, and I bet scovill would, too. I'd be happy enough to run 3 though, too. I'll do what my captain orders. Training begins now - only 4 months and a week!
                              I'll 2nd that on not driving your own van. I've been in 2 relays. I can practically guarantee it will get slightly ripe. You never notice, because it comes on gradually... Maybe muddy. Dusty, dirty. I'd be happy to run 4, and I bet scovill would, too. I'd be happy enough to run 3 though, too. I'll do what my captain orders. Training begins now - only 4 months and a week!
                              I've been told not to use my own van (something about blood, sweat, and tears!) Big grin , and I understand why. Just thought I'd ask though, since I'll be driving it there anyhow. Just tell me what to run and I'll do my best. Smile

Michelle

I'd be getting there thanks to Mississippi! 250 Gotcha. Is that how much I need to send a check for? I'm up for 4 laps or 3 laps depending on if you have faster peeps willing to do the 4 laps Smile
                                $75 is all you need to send in now.

Vim