The Muscle Factor Model (Read 3142 times)

xhristopher

there really needs to be a way to permanently end a thread.

Geez, good thing religion or politics wasn't part of this. 

I think this thread was already declared a train wreck 10 pages back.

Train Wreck

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Sounds like some folks on this thread may have Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Hey, nice marmot!

ETA: Oooh, look: I found a Missile Factory Model

Any thread that generates a link to a Missile Factory Model made out of legos is ok in my book.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

xor

Is this "food" or food?

First cannibals ate each other for extra nutrition

That is the actual headline too.

I'd think twice about seeing Professor Carbonell during office hours.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

xhristopher

Any thread that generates a link to a Missile Factory Model made out of legos is ok in my book.

Adaptations to Neighborhood Nuclear Missile Factory

BrickTopia itself is a nuclear-free zone, and nuclear weapons are completely banned.  However, given the technical expertise available in BrickTopia and the high value of nuclear weapons in third world countries, the idea of making such weapons for profit is an idea who's time has come.

Nuclear Missile Properties

Weapons from the "Neighborhood" factory are manufactured with a number of safe-guards to prevent inappropriate use:

- No weapon will detonate within 100 miles of BrickTopia.

- No weapon will detonate at an altitude of less than 50 miles.  This prevents direct damage to buildings and people, but produces an EMP (Electro-magnetic pulse) that is devastating to an enemy's electronic systems, wreaking economic and military havoc.

- A weapon can be disabled remotely if the factory decides that the weapon is not being used appropriately, or if the customer's credit goes bad.

Missile Adaptations

Each warhead is packaged in a deluxe missile package and shipped off to a lucky, third-world buyer.  Steep discounts are often provided to the initial buyers in a region.  Once one country has such a weapon, its neighbor's line up for parity.  Of course, by then the price has gone up and no discounts are available.  Discounts are again available when all countries in a region have an equal number of warheads.  One buyer decides to "upgrade," and the rest must follow, with absolutely no discounts.  An arms race is good for business!

Putting it All Together = Missile Factor Model

Large metal balls adorn the top of the entry.  These balls act as holding tanks for fire suppression chemicals.  In an emergency, the balls can be exploded, thus flooding the complex with fire-suppressive foam.

Summary

Architecturally, the building is very industrial looking, without belonging to any particular architectural movement.  It is made up of alternating planes and large-radius curves. 

(I think that ought to permanently shut down this thread)

you wanted bizzare?  what now bitches?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Sounds like some folks on this thread may have Oppositional Defiant Disorder.

For some reason I see many parallels between this thread and Charlie Bit Me.

For some reason I see many parallels between this thread and Charlie Bit Me.

That's awesome!

Hawt and sexy

Wait. Did Dick just call Nobby Dick lover? Please tell me I didn't see that.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wait. Did Dick just call Nobby Dick lover? Please tell me I didn't see that.

No, I'm pretty sure that was just my imagination. Er, I mean your imagination.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Okay, for all of you who were too lazy or cheap to buy the magazine (seriously, dudes, it's only $10 for a year if you get your subscription from the site!), here's a link to the Running Times article, now posted on their website:

http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=20476

Honestly, I appreciate the feedback and questions.  But I'll hope you can understand why I didn't have time to rewrite the article here in response to some of you.  ;-)

I'm not in the USA, so no magazine for me. so, thanks for the link.

the article doesn't answer my question 1) and 3). it does answer 2), to an extent (with the example table with % stuff for muscle fiber recruitment).

actually, question 3)  was the most interesting for me... 1) is just technical stuff :P

PS: I didn't quote the questions here because maybe you don't have time anyway. if you (or someone else) do, I can quote

EDIT: I see he said he won't come back, but hey maybe someone else wants to answer (about training muscle fibers)? Smile

Whether one should stress every type of muscle fiber, or every muscle, is another question.

do you mean, not all of them should be stressed? which ones shouldn't be? why? I'm curious.