Tell me how you've HTFU'd lately (Read 2844 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, I think we have zoom-zoom to thank for making HTFU a huge part of RA-speak.
    I can't take credit...I think it was originally posted by someone in the 2k mile group.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Beatin' on the Rock

My husband telling me on a short 5k run, after me telling him that a my pace it would take me 5 hours to run a marathon, "you don't want to run that far" made me train for a 1/2 marathon just to show him I could run far. Hah! I HTFU and trained by myself and ran. Showed him and became much more fit.Ok I have a little competition issue here.
      Yeah. Mine told me that someone my size shouldn't put so much pressure on their knees... Tight lipped I just keep H-ingTFU, planning my runs and running my plan, and these fat knees WILL do my 1/2 in less than 2 months! Sheez, I'm not even that big... Confused
      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.

that's what she said

LOVE this thread! Husbands...sheesh. Mine insists that the shoes he bought me last September should be good for another year. C-H-E-A-P...he'd call it being frugal. Here's how I've HTFU....I decided to go for the 1/2 marathon at the end of April, in addition to the one I planned on doing in August. So yeah...I'm going for it! Started training yesterday Big grin.
        Nicole

Oh Mighty Wing

ok so it took me 3 pages to figure out what HTFU is... and I LOVE it!! I think I need to adopt that mantra!
          obiebyke

Shan--you also need a dirtier mind. The more you hang out around RA, the quicker you'll get such things. Trust me. Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Dave

My cat got out today (indoor cat) and I got the wailing phonecall from my nine year old daughter. I resisted the urge to work late Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

obiebyke

Dude, your cat died? Shocked

Dave

Nope. Just escaped from the house. He never goes outside and my DD was pretty much beside herself. Given the chaos that I knew awaited me, it took all the willpower in my body to HTFU and go home instead of work late... He's home now and safe. There was a neighborhood search party who found the little bastard Evil grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

obiebyke

Jebus. Little stinker. I can't believe your whole neighborhood went out! Well, I'm glad he's safe and your daughter's recovering from the trauma. I'm glad I ONLY have cats right now, not kids!

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

I'm vascilating between HTFU by running the miles prescribed by my training schedule.... and listening to my right foot, which is crying just a little w/ a PF flare-up. I had to stop running and go to PT for 6wks after my October marathon ... just resumed running a couple of weeks ago, on the Beginner Plan. The mind and the will are Hard as He**, but the 49yo body is trying to fail me. Black eye

Jeanne

Feeling the growl again

I HTFU by running on the treadmill TWICE today. I know, that sounds pretty soft but I would rather run below zero in a 20 mph wind (ok, 15deg without windbriefs!) than rot my brain on the dreadmill. For me, that's hard. I have to watch my daughter most evenings now until the wife gets home from work, so no PM runs outdoors until it's warm enough to get a baby jogger.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Gig

Does this count as HTFU? I didn't run today. It's a rest day, and I rested, despite it being 75 degrees. I rode my bike home from work watching all the joggers, took my family out to dinner watching all the joggers, and still I didn't don the shoes. It was hard. Really hard. Cry

Another Passion

rvelich, yah, I usually change into clean underwear before work. Don't want to stink too badly in the classroom. A sub-2 half marathon *in practice*? Like, *on your own*? Score. zoom-zoom, HTFU is my favorite, favorite acronym now.
                            I'm surprised you didn't mention the back to back 5K's and awesome times you posted Econo. I was impressed. Wink I was pretty geeked about my 13.1 long training run and time. Big grin

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does this count as HTFU? I didn't run today. It's a rest day, and I rested, despite it being 75 degrees. I rode my bike home from work watching all the joggers, took my family out to dinner watching all the joggers, and still I didn't don the shoes. It was hard. Really hard. Cry
                              As the injured folks on the bench will tell ya', sometimes not running is a lot tougher than running.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

As the injured folks on the bench will tell ya', sometimes not running is a lot tougher than running.
                                Well I had/have a knee "situation", and decided to take a week off because of nagging 1-2 level pain during shorter runs, increasing with length. Saw an ortho yesterday, and he basically told me to quit whining (i.e., to HTFU). So I'll start running again on Saturday (there's nothing wrong with letting a nagging injury heal -- there is something wrong with not doing that and DNSing or worse DNFing). Not running is tough, but I'm enjoying the extra sleep.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com