Padding the Log (Read 1908 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Last year I did. But this year I resolved to never do it. So far so good. Really.
      Okay come on this is worse than cheating at little league! You are only hurting yourself! (nobody has any trouble with rounding though do they?)

Old, Slow, Happy

Okay come on this is worse than cheating at little league! You are only hurting yourself!
        +1 I did pad once, but I didn't inhale.
          I guess I'm getting old but we never called it padding the log. Being married helps me meet my needs on a more regular basis than in my youth but if this is an inquisition then I must confess and admit my guilt. Am I going to go blind now?

#artbydmcbride

I guess I'm getting old but we never called it padding the log. Being married helps me meet my needs on a more regular basis than in my youth but if this is an inquisition then I must confess and admit my guilt. Am I going to go blind now?
            1! mea culpa

Runners run

Treadmill Addict

I've been accused of patting the bunny and waxing the carrot, but never padding the log. I do wear glasses.
              Hahaha. Waxing the carrot, never heard that, that makes me giggle. Smile

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

Menace to Sobriety

Hahaha. Waxing the carrot, never heard that, that makes me giggle. Smile
                Me, too, but isn't that the point?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Yoda the 4-eared cat

The only thing I will admit to is always rounding down for secoonds. 55 minutes and 45 seconds becomes 55 minutes (i don't log seconds). This helps me shave a few precious seconds of my overall speed. As as a plodder, that makes me feel better. It's a victimless crime, right? Confused
                  galberras

fear the Col Sanders

<minor> Wait is it possible to hijack a thread like this? Hmmm. Anyway, Sarahgirl30, did you run the Painters Half last week? I have a picture that looks eerily similar to yours... except I'm in it and you aren't, obviously. Tongue It was a nice race. Wonder if any other RA'ers were there... </minor> Dock that log a day's pay for napping on the job.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

This "padding the log" must be a pretty serious crime around here. So many guys are confessing to nefarious activities (waxing the carrot) just to change the subject. Don't even think about searching my log for padding.
                        Not too, too guilty of this, but sometimes if I go for a bike ride instead of a run I'll turn the biking numbers into running numbers so that all of my workouts are in one place. Usually a 25M bike ride is approximated as a 7 mile run.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

#artbydmcbride

This "padding the log" must be a pretty serious crime around here. So many guys are confessing to nefarious activities (waxing the carrot) just to change the subject. Don't even think about searching my log for padding.
                          How about just a discreet pat down? Big grin

Runners run

jules2

Does "padding the log" involve stuffing things down the front of your trousers or am I on the wrong track yet again?

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

xor

Does "padding the log" involve stuffing things down the front of your trousers or am I on the wrong track yet again?
                              Well, if it isn't choking the chicken, then perhaps you are right. Which is what I have to do with my mobean sleeves when it gets too hot in a race. "Yeah, baby, I'm happy to see you. But really it's just my Mobean Brand Sleeves (TM)".

jules2

Well, if it isn't choking the chicken, then perhaps you are right. Which is what I have to do with my mobean sleeves when it gets too hot in a race. "Yeah, baby, I'm happy to see you. But really it's just my Mobean Brand Sleeves (TM)".
                                I'm a rear not front stuffer myself so I end up looking like I have terminal cellulite. Some of my shorts don't have pockets so on the longer races I put my jelly babies in a sock and pin it on the wasteband, yummy!

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.