The Dinner Table--RA vs. (and? or? with?) CR (Read 1880 times)

Hi, I'm another "refugee" and darn glad to be here. The RA folks have been warm and welcoming. I hope that the culture of RA remains intact. . . I am not a fan of cliques or running snobs. Here, we are all runners whether we're elite or clydesdale or somewhere in between. We have to stick together and uplift one another. That way when the non-runners tell us we're wacky for what we do at least we can know we're in wacky good company! Now, pass the Mexican spoon bread, please!
    Clydesdale. I love that. I am SO clydesdale! Big grin
      3 boxes of Sees candy
      I'll take those off your hands!! Smile

Michelle

Another Passion

I'll take those off your hands!! Smile
        Heh... DW and I just picked up some SEES candie at the mall tonight after pigging out dining at Outback. Oh, and we picked up a couple of small large bags of Lindt truffles. Roll eyes I gotta go to bed so I can burn some of these calories tomorrow morning. Blush

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

pfriese

Late for dinner, but I don't mind warming left-overs up in the microwave. I too am a recent immigrant to RA and am just now exploring further out from the refugee areas. Thanks for the warm welcome here. Paul Oh yes, I'll have a cup of coffee too
            Oh yes, I'll have a cup of coffee too
            Perhaps my favorite part of a good meal...*turns slowly and smiles at Blaine* Big grin

Michelle

Another Passion

Perhaps my favorite part of a good meal...*turns slowly and smiles at Blaine* Big grin
              ROFL Big grin Instigator, Michelle! Tongue

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mmmm...guess what I'm drinking--and it's not decaf, either! Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Story of my life... worked late and missed dinner again. Great thread Jeff. BTW what's Mexican spoon bread?

...And I do.

(((Virtual Hugs))) to everyone! I really like it here already! Let me help you serve that coffee Big grin
                      Holy Cow - I dropped off for a couple of days, and look what I missed! Random thoughts: - Great thread, nice discussion, and I think in a couple of weeks all the dust will have settled and one big happy family (with a certain amount of dysfunction - gotta have the dysfunction) will result. - I second the nomination for Runninghusker as the best avatar. - I missed dinner, but my wife makes awesome cherry and blueberry pies. I brought one of each for dessert to go with the coffee **passes** Welcome to all of the CoolRunners, and Happy Holidays to everyone. I hope that we all meet our goals for 2008 - running and otherwise! Smile

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Top 'O the World!

Anybody for a little Bailey's in your after dinner coffee? ***passing lge bottle**** & whomever brought the cheesecake ~ it is divine! Thanks for dinner Jeff! This has been an awesome gathering!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Another Passion

Instigators croney. Roll eyes

Rick

Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

***bringing my dad's authentic New York cheesecake*** I may be a little slow on the uptake: can someone clue me in on what "HT" stands for, as in "HTFU?" I think I have the last two letters figured out. Any other RA acronyms I should know about?

Jeanne

Same here. A NICE HUGE cup too!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

***bringing my dad's authentic New York cheesecake*** I may be a little slow on the uptake: can someone clue me in on what "HT" stands for, as in "HTFU?" I think I have the last two letters figured out. Any other RA acronyms I should know about?
                                HARDEN THE Here's where it stems from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y P.S there are cuss words in the video Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson