ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

A Saucy Wench

Well, I've not done that. I have puked watermelon, though, and the pink frothy liquid is probably a good stand-in. On a side note, when it comes to puking... a subject I am well versed in... shrimp is kinda like the vomit version of corn and peanuts. I mean, you think you chew them up. But when they come back out, they come back in identifiable forms. Odd.
    hmmm..yeah chemo probably gives morning sickness a run for its money in the puking department. Did you know that sometimes during pregnancy you just stop digestion all together? Apparently I do for I have puked up identifiable stuff that had been ingested more than 24 hours prior. Also Odd

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hmmm..yeah chemo probably gives morning sickness a run for its money in the puking department. Did you know that sometimes during pregnancy you just stop digestion all together? Apparently I do for I have puked up identifiable stuff that had been ingested more than 24 hours prior. Also Odd
      Ooh...very glad I never got morning sickness...just some loss of appetite and mild queasiness for a couple of months.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Hey Zoom, The following link is just one that I pulled up for you and your question to landing biomechanics and to the point I was trying to get across http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T82-42JYWR6-2&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=032e1fffe3c7579bc3f0231765e9885c http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6T82-3Y6HBCC-C&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=96d36cd2903df1348cee19cc9df32dbd Just a quick find to illustrate that differences in landing biomechanics have multiple variables. With that, my point is that any othotic insert is going to interfere with anyone's natural biomechanic processes.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Jazz hands!

If you're going to ask about injuries, then I'm only asking to what specific injuries you're referencing. To the aspect of bodyweight impact, the greater the impact forces, then the more wear and tear to the body.
          Well that explains why the thing with the entire football team nearly tore my... um, nevermind. I guess I should have taken my shoes off.
          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
          sport jester

Biomimeticist

were you barefoot or bareback in your exploits?

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

I puked after eating a whole bag of cheetos one time - now that's cool. Like a flourescent orange - 100% odd! I was actually really proud of that one. Even asked my BF not to flush it when I was done - I wanted to see it again in the morning after I woke up from passing out.
                Which is the saddest? A.) Aggressive dog's owners B.) The unfair treatment the turbaconducken C.) This thread D.) That I sat down, read all of this thread, and somehow enjoyed it
                  Which is the saddest? A.) Aggressive dog's owners B.) The unfair treatment the turbaconducken C.) This thread D.) That I sat down, read all of this thread, and somehow enjoyed it

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

I'm gonna stop shaving and brushing my teeth, too! Awesome!
                    You shave your teeth?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You are all doing so great! I see Blue Skies ahead.

12-week layoff

You are all doing so great! I see Blue Skies ahead.
                        so funny. I adora you.
                        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

this thread needs photos of shaving teeth

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I feel such Bliss after partaking in this thread.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Everyone has the ability to run 20% faster
                              Okay, when you show me that video of Geb or whoever running a 1:40 or 1:45 marathon I will be delighted to listen till anything you have to say. Until then looks like you are SOL.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Misinformation Officer

Ahhh...but the deadliest sport is golf, Sports Jester.