40s on the run - running away from Active.com (Read 1685 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hello? Ok, so now this is the THIRD running forum I've joined in the past 6 weeks or so... and so where will I be going next week? Talk about feeling like a refugee... OK, so I'm 45 and I run, so hopefully I qualify? Smile E.

Top 'O the World!

Welcome OrangeMat!! I'm hoping we're sticking here!! I think lots of us must be following LRN! & I'm going w/where-ever the majority of my familiar peeps are...& The log looks nice-n-easy ta use Wink necessary for us "digitally challenged" folks! Ha! & fer me, the kickrunners site kept freezing & stuff that I'm not all that patient with..... Leslie!!! HI!!!!! Big grin I'm liking the format here!! Just setting up my log...not sure importing my old one is all that important since I just started using CR in June or July....most of my stuff is in my Garmin software....except for when I forget to wear it (unplanned, just gotta go type runs! Wink ).....Mairead is doing awesome! She LOVES snow! omg! is THAT ever funny! & she does kinda look like a deer on ice! but now she's having issues w/one of our underpasses - necessary to stop by the doggie park during south run - I'm not sure what that's all about, so I'm going to check out a couple of different locations to see the extent of the neurosis....or if I should trust her that something is wrong w/that bridge!! She's also wiggy about porta potties, but I admit, they're offensive to my not-so-sensitive nose! Merry Christmas Everyone! (ta heck wid PC!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8
      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        Smile yep, cool running refugee here too. Almost 40 (does that count?) I like this site better anyhow....
        BeeRunB

Me, too. CR suddenly became this dark hole. Feels good here. ---Jimmy

flatland mountaineer

Three miles at class last nite, I took it pretty easy as I want to use this period to get totally healed up. We had a nice night, mid 20's temp, nearly full moon and snow on the ground so really pretty bright out. For those of you new to the group dw and I are taking a class taught by Jonathon Beverly the editor of Running Times Magazine. Jonathon's rules for the holidays; 1) Indulge in food you like but control portions and choose quality over quanity. 2)stay active and get outside, when everyone is sitting around after dinner go for a walk etc, they won't even know your gone. good runs 40's folks edited to add quicky weights session this morn.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

...And I do.

Whew, I made it! Actually, I had already created an account here when I read, Leslie, that you were suggesting everyone come here. I hadn't actually posted here yet -- just already set up the account. Yes, it "feels" more like home. Oh and to confuse you all, I changed my username from Purelyshell to irun4 waffles. Hope it doesn't create too much confusion. I need to get on here and posting with you guys as the holidays are totally wrecking my running program. HELP!!! Shell~
                Morning, Sunshines! When my alarm went off at 4:45 is was absolutely pouring outside, so I thought I'd stay snuggled down until it tapered off a bit. Well, the snuggling lasted another hour and a half before I was bolted awake by a cat jumping on me. So tempo run this morning. Craig - Great photo from a great movie! Mtnchk - Mairead loving the snow. Who would've guessed! I agree with you in trying her out on some other underpass. Animals have such a good sense of something being wrong. If she balks at all underpasses, then it could very well have to do with something that happened to her before she had the great fortunate to end up in your home. It may take lots of treats and enticing to get her over the fear, and you've already done such a remarkable job with her, I know you'll be patient with her. Shell - "IRun4Waffles" - too funny. OrangeMat - Welcome! DogRunner - If you're a pet lover (seems so per your avatar), it doesn't matter what age you are! We shared all sorts of pet photos on the CR site. (Wilson, here, says hello, and he may have had too much eggnog.) Jimmy - Welcome! Is that you making that shadow figure?? R2/Jim - It sounds like your doing the right thing and taking it easy so your beat up bod can recoup. Hope I didn't miss anybody. Us girls had a great time at the tepanyaki bar last night. The only downside to the place is its ventilation over the tapanyaki tables is not so good. Therefore, once you leave there, you smell strongly of the cooking food. I hung my coat to air out all night, but still has a slight scent to it. Have great Thursday!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi All !! Welcome to all the new 40 somethings around here.We're glad to have you. Nice picture Leslie!Are all your cats black? Jim-nice run at night in the snow.Sounds like fun! Cindy- that's great about your dog.Buddy loves the snow too.He drags his nose through it as he runs!! Hope all our other 40 friends find their way here.We're kinda just drifting around like farts in a blizzard,trying to find a home. Rest day today as it's the Office Christmas party. Evil grin Have a good one folks! Joe
                  Long May You Run
                  lamerunner

Another CR refugee checking in. Lurked more than posted but did some of both. I have checked out KR and the new CR too, but this format and atmosphere seems more comfortable. I am still nursing a foot injury, doing lots of cycling ( Spinning bike), swimming and elliptical. Lots of snow now too here in NH, so more snowshoeing and skiing coming up.
                      Nice picture Leslie!Are all your cats black? We're kinda just drifting around like farts in a blizzard . . . Joe
                      Yes, all my cats are black - and we walk under ladders and step on cracks. Maybe that's what's wrong with my life. Hmmm . . . will have to delve into that more deeply. And Joe - You have a such a way with words! Oh how my heart swoons!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

YAY!!!! I am so glad you all moved over here. I was so completely frustrated with the new site at Active. I've been a 40s group lurker for quite some time and I'm often motivated by the 40s group. So happy they imported my logs and everything! Kathy
                          44/Male Just come over from CR a few days ago. Starting my log from scratch though. Hope this place works out?
                            Hi guys, finally made it over here for a few minutes! Good to see everybody. Looks like this is the way we are going, so I'm riding your wave. Like Shell, I figured I'd take the chance to update my username. She got creative, I just aged Wink
                            Progress Trumps Pefection
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

FYI, there's a great new group here at RA started by former CR member JJJessee. Big grin It's being called "Master's Running" and is meant to fill the void left by the loss of the 40+ age groups over on CR. It's at http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun if you're interested. Looks like it's going to be a successful group. Cool MTA: I love the kitty photo. Big grin Sharing pictures of kitties and lolcats is a favorite passtime of mine...

Roads were made for journeys...

Top 'O the World!

We're kinda just drifting around like farts in a blizzard,trying to find a home. Evil grin Have a good one folks! Joe
                                JOE!!! Shocked roflmao!!!!
                                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group