40s on the run - running away from Active.com (Read 1685 times)

BTY

Nice to see all my "old friends", uh, I mean CR friends, Wink over here. I'm hoping to blend into the new surroundings if y'all will have me. BTY Brian)
      Nice to see all my "old friends", uh, I mean CR friends, Wink over here. I'm hoping to blend into the new surroundings if y'all will have me. BTY Brian)
      I was wondering where you were! Geez - just about give us a heart attack, why don'tcha?? Big grin (Is that your kitty kat in the picture??)

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Carol41, you crack me up with your new handle! Good to see everyone is trickling on over. Haha, so far I've scheduled my week to miss having to run in the rain. Smile Unfortunately this means I have to run when the cold air mass behind the rains storm kicks in Sad Leslie - cute kittie pic. Arla

Ex runner

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Brian and Carol, you made it! Carol, I knew things were bad at CR, but really???? So bad it made you age?!?!? LOL No run for me today, but I did do 60 minutes on the Precor AMT at the gym Smile

flatland mountaineer

Brian and Carol ' bout time you guys showed up Smile Glad you made it!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

I had to keep checkin' back to see if everyone made it. Looks like it! Good Nite, All . . . Yes

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

cool running 42 year old refugee. been running since grade/middle school -- ran track high school college, but only road races last ten years. was only on coolrunning for a year, 3 siblings were also on it and have moved here, too!
                Tamara40

okay! I made it! I'm here! I don't care which forum we use as long as we can all stay together. Either one is fine with me. I don't use the running log anyway, so that's not an issue for me. I use my garmin software. Anyway, HELLO my wonderful 40 friends! I see some people here that I didn't see at CR. Wondered where all you guys went. NO running this week for me, in that darn Series 7 class that's kicking my butt and no time to run. I feel fat and gross and out of shape now. I WILL run today b/c we are hopefully getting out at 4:00. Great Fridays all!
                  BeeRunB

Jimmy - Welcome! Is that you making that shadow figure??
                    yes on the sand of venice beach in the l.a. sun first trip there liked venice beach hated l.a. traffic and smog but thought hollywood was fun great asian food joshua tree--a beautiful planet unto itself --jimmy

...And I do.

yes on the sand of venice beach in the l.a. sun first trip there liked venice beach hated l.a. traffic and smog but thought hollywood was fun great asian food joshua tree--a beautiful planet unto itself --jimmy
                      Cool Cool
                      BTY

Is that your kitty kat in the picture??
                        Nope, he's just an occupant, not a resident. He lives next door but he's one of those cats who owns multiple families. We call him Leo. I think his family still calls him by the name they gave him as a kitten - "Chloe". Hello! Those aren't Christmas ornaments back there! Roll eyes
                        saltyd

Hi everyone, I had also gone to the "new" place (active) and wasn't real happy. I found the 40s post over there and saw the mention of this site. So far I like the look and feel better. I haven't transitioned my log yet, but plan to. I tried to register with my previous name, but it said it was taken, so now I'm saltyd rather than just salty. It's been real nice weather here in AZ, and I've been enjoying going outside to run. It stinks that it gets dark so early, and stays dark so late, but I squeeze in my play time outside as much as possible. I went out yesterday and did 4 miles, and look forward to my long run this weekend. Only 3 weeks until PF Chang. So glad to find everyone again. Cool saltyd (aka salty)
                          Saltyd Life isn’t about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

flatland mountaineer

2.8 miles in 46 minutes wow, blazing huh, ok it was on skis breaking the trail. I made 2 laps around the field east of my house, breaking trail the first time and fending off the big dog with my ski poles on the second. She does have the best old time but she can sure take me down when if she gets to biting at my poles or ski tips. She thinks thats fun Tongue Taking a week off from running, will do the ski thing but want to be ready to ramp it up in January. LRN took some grief in one of his threads. I guess we all know his message and his intentions are the best. The natives are feeling a little overwhelmed at present but if they are a little patient with us and we are tactful It'll all work out. Salty glad to see you made it here. when does the taper start? Cando welcome aboard, see your profile pic is a marathon finish, glad to have someone with your experience in the group. Jimmyb welcome also.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Welcome to those of you I haven't said "Howdy" to before. Salty and Tamara - So happy you found us! I think we're just about all together again. BTY - "Those aren't ornaments back there" - too funny! 45 minutes cardio with The Firm gals, fending off cats who think it's fun to dart in and out of my feet and from under my step. Someone's gonna get hurt one of these days and it ain't gonna be pretty! Everything was frosted over this morning with a gorgeous pink and blue sunrise. Even the berry bushes across the street looked pretty! Family coming into town tonight for a couple of days. Most are leaving Sunday - thank goodness. I quit praying for patience a lot time ago because then God decided to really challenge me in that respect, but boy will I need patience this weekend. Especially with the hub. Hopefully, I'm not writing from a jail cell this time next week. Wink Happy Friday, Everyone!

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Gotta TRI

Hey all, Just checking in. No run today (travelling ) maybe tommorrow. Besides still a little sore from Wednesdays run. ( a lot of hills ) . Feels good though. Enjoy the weekend, Talk to you later. Andy
                                2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon