You know you've caught the running bug when... (Read 2175 times)

Lazy idiot

Just this week my 12 & 13 y/o have decided that they are going to start running a few times a week. A mile or two here or there to start. I'm excited about that. Smile
    Sounds fun!

Tick tock

Sounds fun!
      It does sound fun...until it becomes a chore to get them out the door. I told them that it is ENTIRELY up to them if they want to run so I'll only ask them once. I love the company and enjoy the one on one time with them and would love to see them improve. One of the best things was the look on my husband's face when he walked in on us updating their RA logs! He rolled his eyes and commented about how it's a family addiction. Big grin

Michelle

My 6 year old son (see avatar) loves to run with me. He will run about a mile with me after my weekend runs - as an added bonus it serves as a good cool down for me! He really wants to try to do a 5k race but so far I have only let him do the 1 mile fun runs. Truthfully, part of why I like to run marathons, etc. is to see the pride in his eyes when he sees my medals. Unfortunately, some of that pride fades away when he asks me, "so, what place did you come in dadddy?" and I have to answer, "oh, 638th'!"
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

You people with your lunch time runs really piss me off Evil grin
          You people that actually have enough time in their day outside of work to cram in more than a lousy 3~4 miler really piss me off.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My 6 year old son (see avatar) loves to run with me. He will run about a mile with me after my weekend runs - as an added bonus it serves as a good cool down for me! He really wants to try to do a 5k race but so far I have only let him do the 1 mile fun runs. Truthfully, part of why I like to run marathons, etc. is to see the pride in his eyes when he sees my medals. Unfortunately, some of that pride fades away when he asks me, "so, what place did you come in dadddy?" and I have to answer, "oh, 638th'!"
            LOL! Just wait until he starts beating you! Believe me, it will be much sooner than you expect...
              Unfortunately, some of that pride fades away when he asks me, "so, what place did you come in dadddy?" and I have to answer, "oh, 638th'!"
              Don't you hate that? After I ran my first HM last March, I was greeted at home by my youngest son, he asked me if I "WON" the race. Roll eyes Smile

Michelle

skinnycaponesugar

I shouldn't say this, but I work from home, so I can run WHENEVER I want. It's wonderful. Today, I'm going to wait until DS15 gets home from school, and we're going to drive to a long road nearby that is not quite as icy and snowy so that we can both get our running in. We both need to run 8 miles, though, so he will have to wait at least a half hour for me to finish, lol.
                When you can't wait for your 5yo to get old enough to run with you! Big grin When your running companion doggy knows to do his business before or after...and that there will not be peemail checking on the way Tongue

Love, Run, Sleep

When you have to drag yourself out of bed to get to work after hitting the snooze button a few times durring the week. But on the weekends you jump out of bed 5 minutes before the alarm is set to go off which happens to be 1 hour earlier than for work.
                    You start placing "only" infront of your mileage.
                    absolutely!
                    ~Liz, single mama to K, L & C Pain is nothing compared to what it feels like to quit.
                      This is so funny! My first race was a really small local 5k, and I came in second in my age group and got a trophy. (there were only 2 of us in the age group!! Big grin Big grin ) This past weekend, I ran my second 5K at a much bigger race-- about 700 people. Afterwards, we were watching the awards for a few minutes and then decided to leave. When we got to the car, my 3 year old said " Aaww, mommy, you forgot to get our trophy!" It's hard to explain that you aren't THAT good!

skinnycaponesugar

When you see a runner going by from your kitchen window and you go "oooh, I haven't seen him before" When the shoes you wear are either Crocs or Birkenstocks When you can't stop looking at your newly toned/tanned leggiesBig grin When the first thing you pack for a weekender are your running shoes

Love, Run, Sleep

When running around the yard playing ball with your youngest child you can't stop thinking of "this is dangerous, I might twist an ankle and not be able to run!".

Michelle

When running around the yard playing ball with your youngest child you can't stop thinking of "this is dangerous, I might twist an ankle and not be able to run!".
                            That made me think of this- When you buy brand new boots and bindings for your cross country skiis, then let them sit because you realize you might roll your ankle and don't want to benched...again. Which is related to.... When, without any remorse and a lot of happiness, you kick your brand new super sweet and speedy rollerblades out of your house that you previously loved because they "made" you fall and twist your ankle.
                              Or....your favorite dress boots now make you nervous since you fear a clumsy high heel moment that could take out an ankle!!
                              Which is related to.... When, without any remorse and a lot of happiness, you kick your brand new super sweet and speedy rollerblades out of your house that you previously loved because they "made" you fall and twist your ankle.
                              I miss rollerblading. Although I didn't stop for my ankles' sake, although now that would be my reason. I stopped because they "made" me fall (more like completely wipe-out) and I don't want another scar to match the one I got that day. Blush Big grin

Michelle

When you can't stop looking at your newly toned/tanned leggiesBig grin
                                Apparently some spouses (such as mine) find it appropriate to make fun of one who constantly flexes their calves in front of the mirror Smile Admit it... you all do it to!