2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

xhristopher

Streaking and traveling don't go together that well.

Friday I got up at 6:30, hit the road by 8, drove all day, arrived at our destination hotel at 5 with dinner plans with friends at 5:30. Knowing it would be late and I'd be intoxicated I snuck a mile in at about 5:10. Good thing since I was in no condition to run at 11.

Saturday I had to sleep off Friday's evening fun, hit the road and then drive all day. 30 minutes after getting home I knocked out a mile in my street clothes just to get it done.

Back to normal routine today. XC nationals in two weeks will bring on more silly travel running.

From the Internet.

Shins were a little achy after yesterday's run :C Today would be day 13 for me but I might have to break the streak and rest instead, I'm having haunting memories of taking months off for shin splints in 2012/2013 - no thank you, do not want to repeat that! D:

Seanv2

DNS. Travel, sick baby, and an overworked wife lead to no running for two days. I am still going to go for the December mileage goal.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Still in.

steph  

I am in. I have had a streak going since the last day of May. This will not be my highest mileage though. The mileage goal just doesn't fit into my current training plan.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

11 for day #4. 21 miles so far.  Sure wish Cook County would put in a few pop's when they close the bathrooms for the winter.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

10 for me today. Tomorrow is usually my day off but I'll probably just go for an easy two miles.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

cjervin

4.5 miles today to continue the streak.  Now it will get tough -- back to work tomorrow and winter weather seems to be making a comeback.

AutBatgirl

Made it for the first week. I almost missed Saturday because I got busy and kept putting off the run, but hopped on the treadmill for a couple of miles. Man, accountability is a pain!

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.

justrundan

Wow, streak stops on day3!   0.5 mi jog, then the 'trots' hit.  the rest of the day was 'fartleks' between the couch and the bathroom.  (Several family members who came Thursday had been ill a few days before Thanksgiving, and now about 1/2 of the 22 are/were ill)

Restart today, 5 miles outside.

Dan

jfa

Easy 6.3 miles today on a sunny boardwalk.

Today marks mile 2,000 for 2014. That makes 7 consecutive years

of averaging over 2,000 miles running per year.

I set aside some time this afternoon for my scheduled 8 mile run. Company lingered longer and then I passed out on the couch. Woke up in time to squeeze the obligatory mile in. Now back to the kitchen for one last company meal - leftovers with my sister and DH. I'm looking forward to the t-day leftover plate that I just have nuke. Should be the most relaxing meal of a very long, hectic, and wonderful weekend.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Today marks mile 2,000 for 2014. That makes 7 consecutive years

of averaging over 2,000 miles running per year.

Looks like someplace close to where I grew up in NJ. Ahhh...I can just smell the ocean air! Thanks for the throw back!!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Half Fanatic #846

Today marks mile 2,000 for 2014. That makes 7 consecutive years of averaging over 2,000 miles running per year.

Very nice, Joe - amazing!

I did my long run this AM on a "rails-to-trails" paved bike/hike trail. Flat as a pancake and straight as an arrow! Out  and back for 12. Not boring due to adjacent dirt bike paths in the forest, parallel highways, rural area, and a mix of trail users. Well marked every mile. I noticed a lot of motorcycles in singles or small groups of 2 or 3 headed southbound toward the coast every couple of minutes - mostly Harleys. Then about 1/3 into my run, heard a distant rumbling that got louder and louder - turned out to be probably a couple of hundred motorcycles passing by - took them 5 or 10 minutes to pass thru the small town. They were several blocks away and just out of sight, so it wasn't quite deafening. Would've liked to watch them go by, though.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Joann Y

Still in. Legs a little dead from increasing the miles recently and standing around at a rock show last night, etc. Got through it and looking forward to the December challenge.