2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

CT JEFF

HI Jan, Im in. Put my milage at 100. It wont be my highest month. Ive been streaking all year. And I have a foot injury that isnt going away (since July). Its minor, but its there.

Here we go again, holidays are around the corner. Who's in this year?

The rules: run at least 1 mile (for us who run in km that's 1,6 km, but let's say 2 km, 'cause it looks prettier) from Thanksgiving to New Years Day ( Nov. 27th to Jan. 1st ). If you fall off the wagon, you jump right on again! Your December mileage should beat the previous highest monthly mileage in 2013.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Still going strong.  Made it 19 days last year.  Hoping with doing lunch time runs this year I'll make it farther.

Goal=84 Miles Nov 27-30 Dec 1-7 Dec 8-14 Dec 15-21 Dec 22-28 Dec 29-Jan 1  
      Monday X  2.6          
      Tuesday X  4.1          
      Wednesday X            
      Thursday 3.0            
      Friday 2.1         X  
      Saturday 1.3         X  
      Sunday 8.1         X  Grand Total
      Total  14.5            
      JerryInIL

Return To Racing

26.5 to date.

justrundan

2 miles in the predawn cold.

Dan

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

2 miles is my low limit for the streak. However that's all I'm going to be able to muster tonight. Really cold rain/sleet and no treadmill equals an uncomfortable run. Plus, just want to keep from getting sick. Will use it as an "off day".

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

KvnJns

4 mile group run tonight keeps my streak alive. 11 days and counting.

Kevin

Got in 5.1 miles this afternoon. Did 5 hill repeats plus 2  mile warmup  and 2 mile cool down. It made it to around 40 degrees today but didn't really seem any warmer. I might just be a wuss. lol

GinnyinPA

Day 10 for me - 7 miles on the TM

5.37 on the TM tonight. Not enough time to get out there. Today makes 1 yr 11 days of my 2013 Holiday running streak. I really enjoy streaking. There are many nights where I am dragging myself for a run at 11:50pm, but glad to have done it.

My feelings exactly. I had no idea I'll come to love streaking when I joined in last year. And even when it comes to going for a run late at night or at 3 am and I'm really not looking forward to it - I'm SO happy to have done it. People keep asking me when I'm going to end the streak. Well, I don't want to. Sooooo....I won't stop unless I absolutely have to (flu comes to mind; I had one two years ago and I couldn't stand up for a week, that was really nasty).

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Yep I will, and thanks for the little kick. The day off seemed to be enough, but I'm still gonna slowly get back. Thanks

Yes, and you should still aim for the mileage goal .

Easy 10k on the TM (kids came home early and they didn't want me to go out for a run ).

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Nice 7-ish miler in the misty cool weather (mid 40s).  Ran by myself for 3 and then ran with a friend for the last 4.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

BeeRunB

1st week in the bag for 7 days and 24 miles running. Onward.

GinnyinPA

6.5 outdoors today.  So far so good.

Damn, count me out.  I missed day 2 back in Nov!  -- Will see if I can streak all of DEC, 31 of 31 days, and and also still hit the Mileage goal for Dec.

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞