2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

Damn, count me out.  I missed day 2 back in Nov!  -- Will see if I can streak all of DEC, 31 of 31 days, and and also still hit the Mileage goal for Dec.

I'm sure you can keep streaking in December!

#artbydmcbride

Dang it I missed a day!  It was RAINING out!  Here in Los Angeles!!  Cold, dark, and raining hard!!!   I just couldn't do it.   I forgot how to run in the rain.  

I will try to not let it happen again. 

Runners run

justrundan

3 miles in the cold dark morning.  This time tomorrow I'll be running/have run in sun/warmth of Orlando.  Quite a change from Wisconsin!  I will  really work up a sweat!!

Dan

Fletch

3 miles this afternoon.  Day 8 done.

Sorry.  Forgot my early morning 3 miler.  It has been added!

As for Kathleen's post, nothing wrong with doing a single mile and keeping her streak going.  My post was in answer to an earlier post by a couple of people that were doing 50-60+ miles a week.  A little bit different situation.

Keep up the streak everyone!

I am always in awe of the accomplishments I read regarding my fellow running friends. Truly, I appreciate that we each have our own path and journey. At 54 and running for only 3 1/2 years, I am so very happy with how far I've come. I just can't imagine the distances some of you folks knock out. It's incredible!! I just read in amazement. Meanwhile, I come home excited about my single mile, knowing that the the two tempo miles I did yesterday, and the single mile I did this morning were the fastest miles I've run two years at a 9:50 pace. Woo hoo! Seriously! I'm giggling at myself and having a blast!!

Tomorrow as part of my balancing act, I'm planning another single mile to squeeze in with my upper body strength training. I'm just lovin' this streak!

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

TripleBock

I agree that there is nothing wrong with a mile.  2 of my runs were 2.4 and 2.5 miles.  In my former life of 100+ mile weeks I would not even count a run if it was not even 4 miles.  In my current life I am proud of getting a 2 mile run in and running a pace of 9:30 - 10:30 per mile.  Everyone has to run there own path and it is the path that is right for this exact time in life.

My hard day is always Christmas morning and Easter morning.  I know the day will be so busy that I need to run before anyone gets up, but those darn kids get up early to see what Santa has brought them and I do not want to miss that either,  I will have to put a time lock on their doors.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

GinnyinPA

Six today on the TM. 12 days in this streak, and my body is starting to grumble.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Everyone has to run there own path and it is the path that is right for this exact time in life.

And on top of that ^^^ one mile is +/-100 calories Smile   That always makes me glad!

steph  

My past streak nothing under 4 miles. That was the goal with this streak as well. Already blew that with a 3 point something run because the fellas' only wanted 30 minutes.

Streak gets me out the door=more miles.

More miles=faster me (least it use to work that way)

Get off my porch

Half Fanatic #846

4 miles today brings me to 1500 for the year so far - that's a major goal reached for me!

Now the holiday streak continues. I used to think that running every day would be too much, but found out that my shorter runs usually allow me to "stay loose" and actually make me feel better than when I take days off. I usually feel a little stiff when coming back from days off.

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Got in six wet miles in the hills yesterday. Temps were back up in the low fifty's. Good running weather.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

I believe that for most runners it is smart to run 5-6 days instead of 7 days a week.  However, as you become attuned to your body....1-2 days off could still mean 1-3 miles easy.  That's the way I think about it.  Yeah, a 1-2 mile run is a short run to keep a streak going but it's my "day off".

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

TripleBock

I think it is all relative to your current fitness - An occassional day off when it makes sense or even weeks off at the end of a season makes sense.  But if people are running 100-150 miles a week or more, they are usually running 2-3 times a day, so running only once on one of the days ... say an easy 6-8 mile shake out run for the 7th day that week might be equivilent to many of us doing an easy 1-3 mile run.

As you point out there is a big difference to what is good for you when you are a new runner compared to a runner that has run 80-120 mile weeks for 10-15 years.  It is all based on the individual and relative to where they are in their running / life journey.

I believe that for most runners it is smart to run 5-6 days instead of 7 days a week.  However, as you become attuned to your body....1-2 days off could still mean 1-3 miles easy.  That's the way I think about it.  Yeah, a 1-2 mile run is a short run to keep a streak going but it's my "day off".

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

keeponrunning

Excellent point!  I'm not a really high-mileage runner (30mi/wk), but my "normal" is anywhere from 4mi to 14mi for a run day and I've been running for 6 years so I think now if I do 1mi on my "off" days it should still allow me to recover.  Hopefully 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

AutBatgirl

Dang it I missed a day!  It was RAINING out!  Here in Los Angeles!!  Cold, dark, and raining hard!!!   I just couldn't do it.   I forgot how to run in the rain.  

I will try to not let it happen again. 

You need one of those umbrella hats! Do they make those for cats?

So far, I've managed to do at least 2 miles a day, but since this is only the 2nd week, I don't think I can start bragging yet.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.