2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

GinnyinPA

So far, 3 days in, 4 miles each day - Thursday was race plus warmup, Friday was treadmill, today was easy run in the park.  Streak actually started on Sunday.  This is the first time I've ever run seven days without a rest day.  Biggest week ever, I think (43 miles).  We'll see how my body likes that.

Joann Y

Cobbled together 5.5 today. Been doing some body weight stuff the last couple weeks and bike intervals today which has the legs feeling a little dead. Nice warm day out there. Not going to be too many more like this. Even had a chance to plant a bunch of bulbs that I had procrastinated on big time.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Definitely lagging today but I did my usual 5.2-mile loop to keep my streak streaking!  I have strained my left hip flexor which is seriously slowing me down but it doesn't seem to hurt too much while I'm running.  Nice day -- over cast, but in the mid forties, and I managed to get the rest of the garden prepped, bulbs planted, and the leftover acorn squash from Thanksgiving is being turned into "pumpkin" chocolate chip bread.

3/something!

joescott

was out of town, but alive and well and streak intact with 3 days x 3 miles each.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

BeeRunB

2 miles, 3 consecutive days, and 1 creative inspiration about how to rid the world of poverty, violence and bad service, but I forgot it when Forensic Files came on during the run---and can't get it back. Damn.

Great job on the streak Jancika!

Minimum run with the dogs just to keep the streak alive.  (Yes it counts - we averaged 14:00 pace even with multiple poop breaks!)  Long run with my run club tomorrow, then back to lunchtime runs at work.

I made a chart, because I'm a number geek.  Feel free to copy if it floats your boat.

Goal=84 Miles Nov 27-30 Dec 1-7 Dec 8-14 Dec 15-21 Dec 22-28 Dec 29-Jan 1 Grand Total
              Monday X            
              Tuesday X            
              Wednesday X            
              Thursday 3.0            
              Friday 2.1         X  
              Saturday 1.3         X  
              Sunday           X  
              Total              
              haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Different time zone from most of you so I'm on day 4 of my streak, never seriously tried one before. We'll see how it goes when I start hitting my strength training days.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

A little over 3 for tonight. Day 3 of the challenge but my streak is on day 4. First winter I've worn more than shorts so trying to figure out my pace again. Trying to keep the legs from injury though.

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

KvnJns

8 days and going, my streak started a little early.

Kevin

keeponrunning

A shorter long run of 17.16km for tonight's run.  The next two days will prove to be the challenge.  Tomorrow I'm only gonna go for 1 mile cause I have a tough hockey game (only 7 players available).  Monday will completely be determined by if I have to work right til 9:15pm or not (last time I had an evening shift they sent me home at 8)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Fletch

Three miles today, in the mountains just outside Boone, NC.  Day 3 done.

jfa

I'll start with today's 10 miler.

Going up to 200 miles for December.

Then onto Pfitz for my spring marathon.

Welcome, Joe., you're our Number 55 on the list!

Day 4 - check.  8 km with my friend before breakfast.

Nice chart, granite_running! And a good "walk" it was, of course it counts with that pace!

I need to run an average of 8,7 km a day in December if I want to reach my mileage goal.

Kalsarikännit

Then onto Pfitz for my spring marathon.

Joe, what spring race will you be doing?

I got to run in shorts this morning (it was in the 40's!). It will be back in the teens tomorrow morning, but today I'm happy.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart