2014 Holiday Running Streak (Read 554 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good job everyone! I got 9 km in on the treadmill, it was raining today.

Put an umbrella over your treadmill. 

I got in a 5 mile run today. I have been trying to go trail running on Mondays but my truck is real cold natured and the heater doesn't work too well so I stayed close to home. It was 27 degrees and cloudy. Wednesday should be nicer for a trail run or at least for the drive.

jpdeaux

Somehow I've managed to average 8 miles a day since Black Friday. I need to average about 8 every day to hit 2000 for the year.

Day 151 of my current streak; born on the 4th of July.

61° and partly sunny today; shorts and short sleeves.

35° tomorrow, if we're lucky.

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

My streak is finished, killed off by a sketchy knee. It doesn't hurt yet, just a little odd but I'm not going to risk it. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Streak at 23 miles.  2 miles today in 7* wind chill.  

Fletch

Sunday, 11/30 - 2 miles early am before the last day of family activities in the mountains.

Monday, 12/1 - Back home, and a beautiful day! 5 miles.

Streak at 5 of 35 days.  December total at 5 of 105 miles.

EastRiverRunner

I currently have a 21 day streak going with 188.8 miles run so far. I have 253.2 miles until I reach 3000 miles for the year. I plan on reaching the 3000 with a streak.

jfa

Joe, what spring race will you be doing?

I'm thinking the NJ marathon at the end of April for another BQ attempt. That means 12/28 is 18 weeks out. Either Pfitz 18/55 or try

Pfitz 18/75.

I was considering Grandma's but discretionary travel dollars have been allocated to an August California trip.

Day 3 was 7 miles of hills on the mill.

jpdeaux

My streak is finished, killed off by a sketchy knee. It doesn't hurt yet, just a little odd but I'm not going to risk it. Oh well, fun while it lasted.

Not sure if last year's rules still apply, but if they do, this doesn't get you off the hook. "Restart and keep going" was the rule then.

Wanted to get 5 in this morning, but only managed 3. Beautiful morning, just didn't get up early enough.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Not sure if last year's rules still apply, but if they do, this doesn't get you off the hook. "Restart and keep going" was the rule then.

Yes, and you should still aim for the mileage goal .

9k on the treadmill today. I was pretty beat from yesterday's HIIT training and I needed some sort of distraction while running. So I chose to run on the TM and watch The Biggest Loser Australia, heh.

Fletch

3 miles today.  Used it as a warm-up for strength training.

Still alive with an awesome 8 mile tempo run today (although I will likely pay for it during tomorrow's run).  Started my streak last Wednesday so i am on day 7.  57 miles.

I need to hit 230 for the month to get 2400 for the year.  I am at 18.2 for the first 2 days.  But, I am heading to Mexico for 8 days next week and I find it tough to get huge miles down there due to the heat/humidity/beer consumption so I need to get a little ahead of the curve this week.

As for those with the 1 mile days..... I agree.  I think I will set my minimum on this streak to 3 miles.

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

CT JEFF

5.37 on the TM tonight. Not enough time to get out there. Today makes 1 yr 11 days of my 2013 Holiday running streak. I really enjoy streaking. There are many nights where I am dragging myself for a run at 11:50pm, but glad to have done it.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!